Videos by narfsounds

I copied that from another thread (thank you npudar!), it seems to make more sense to summarize the soundvideos by narfsounds in one topic.

Set 1

1. 1984 - Van Halen
  2. Africa - Toto
  3. Died In Your Arms - Cutting Crew
  4. Don’t You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
  5. Dreams - Van Halen
  6. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police
  7. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
  8. Livin On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
  9. Money For Nothing - Dire Straits
  10. Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
  11. One Vision - Queen
  12. Radio Ga Ga - Queen
  13. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
  14. Separate Ways - Journey
  15. The Final Countdown - Europe
  16. Waiting for a Girl Like You - Foreigner

Set 2 (I think, Francis V. Capistrano (narfsounds) is not ready yet

1. Take on Me - Aha
  2. Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For fears
  3. Head over Heels - Tears for Fears
  4. I want to break free - Queen
  5. Shout - Tears for Fears
  6. Save a Prayer - Duran Duran
  7. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
  8. Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics
  9. True - Spandau Ballet
  10. Cars - Gary Numan
  11. Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush
  12. Let’s Go - The Cars
  13. Don’t Stop Believin - Journey
  14. Why Can’t This Be Love - Van Halen
  15. Rosanna - Toto
  16. Every Breath You Take - The Police

I’m hoping for a 3rd set.

5 Likes

Great! I have to admit, I look forward to all updates.

The next video by narfsound is online:

Don’t Stop Believin - Journey

I think there are still 3 songs missing to complete Set 2.

1 Like

Perfect for the Sammy Hagar - The Best of All Worlds Tour with Michael Anthony, Joe Satriani, Jason Bonham and keyboardist Rai Thistlethwayte:

Why Can’t This Be Love - Van Halen

In Germany we would say “Er erhöht die Schlagzahl”.

1 Like

Rosanna - Toto

5 Likes

Every Breath You Take - The Police

2 Likes

Narf about Rosanna:

I guess I can’t do Africa without doing Rosanna as well! 2 Rackspaces for this, Main and Solo. The main scene features the piano, B3 and the perc synth on the bottom half of the keyboard while the top half is occupied by a hybrid synth and acoustic brass section with the band hit sample on both the top C and the F (which is the correct pitch for the
sample).

For the demo, I used variations of
combinations of the piano+B3+perc and I’ve also set it up such that the 3 can be activated at will. There’s also the option to play the full range piano and B3 especially towards the end of the song when each of these do solos on their own.

The solo section goes through 5 variations starting with the brassy lead and ending with the sine-flute glissando. I’ve seen a note for note perfect tutorial playing the Left hand delayed sine fiqure while playing the right hand saw lead but it was too difficult for me to execute.

I recorded the delayed part instead as a sample and left the option to connect the block containing the sound for those
who wish to play that live.

1 Like

That’s what I will also say to our drummer :innocent:

2 Likes

The excitement is building for Set 2!

Set 2 is ready!

I received the bonus code for regular customers today.

This time I had to manually adjust two paths for samples.

Yep, me too. I purchased it, but I didn’t download/install it yet. I actually have several new songs to learn using it.

Sir Tommes,

Could you explain what happened with the sample pathway? (Maybe I can avoid some headaches by being aware).

Thanks,

Jeff

If you follow the instructions and afterward load the gigfile, you will get two error messages.

1. In “Running up that hill” you have to insert the “RUTH Drums Loop 108 BPM.wav” manually in the Aturia Emulator II V Sampler.
  2. In “Shout” you have to insert “Shout Percs.wav” manually in the sampler.

Thank you! I’ll keep an eye out for that.

I remember with Set 1, one of the installation steps was loading the samples into the Arturia Emulator II V Sampler. I recall watching a video that ran trough that.

Did they include a video this time? Did they forget this step?

Jeff

The same video is included, but not all samples are in the right folder.

Ahh, that’s important to know. Ok. (Hope you let Francis know.)

I thought he might be reading here.

I hope. I could message him.

So, those .wav files were not included in the full samples folder? They were only in the song folder?

Is that the issue?

[We’d probably save Francis some grief letting him know earlier rather than later. Otherwise he will get customer complaints that things are not working. It will probably take a minute for him to fix this on his end].

Which particular samples? There are a couple of samples that are meant to be loaded in the audio player instead of Emulator II and are not included in the All Samples folder. Instructions are in the comment block of the wiring section of their respective Rackspaces

It’s for the Shout percussion and the Running up that Hill Drums.

Ahh, that makes sense. I could understand the confusion if that was not included in the installation video.