Sampletank4 tuning disaster

I can reproduce the issue–but if I assign widgets to the macros using automation parameters, then the issue does not appear again.

Thanks, but I lost faith in Sampletank4.
It is clearly a bug, I cannot design my gigs thinking at possible bugs.
When they will solve it I will try again, with a lot of attention…

Appreciate the feedback

Trying to be the good “detective” I should look for the guilty guys…
Not disturbing the good ones. :wink:

2 Likes

No surprise it was an IK bug and not a GP bug.

2 Likes

This is a known bug in Sampletank. You can find quite a few threads about it if you search. I had a quick fix for it, but I can’t remember what it is anymore because I just stopped using it for this reason.

I agree. I already deleted every instance in my set lists.
If you find your workaround or a link to other users in forums, let me know.
But it’s not high priority anymore, of course.

FYI, I have been happy with this as a sort of rompler replacement and it’s only $30.

https://neo-soundstation.com/index.php/shop-2/

(It runs in Kontakt (full))

EDIT: I think it runs on the Kontakt Player too

Jeff

1 Like

Is that a General MIDI rompler?

Hmm, I don’t know for sure (that didn’t matter to me). I did a quick search and did not find anywhere that said it is compatible with the General Midi standard, so my guess the answer is “no”.

Seems it is a library for Kontakt

Yes it is : “made for NI Kontakt Player.”
neo

I used SampleTank years ago and ran into a similar problem. As difficult as it was, I abandoned it completely in Gig Performer.

I’ll look for the post but I wouldn’t trust it after that.

MM

Moderator: Is there anyone out there who refuses to use Sampletank because you hate the UI?

Me: Raises hand and waves wildly.

UI can be used. It’s not perfect but I am fast enough to look for the sounds I need. At the end driving a GUI is just getting used to it.
Putting the plugin in a rackspace and playing live without knowing if tune will be right is a catastrophe. Not a “getting used” issue…

2 Likes

The UI of a plugin almost doesn’t matter (as long as everything else works as expected), because in Gig Perfomer you are able to build your very own UI with widgets, and thus make it exactly the way you personally like.
This is in my opinion one of the greatest “superpowers” of Gig Performer!

2 Likes

Not crazy about the UI but the tuning thing and macro behavior is a disaster. I wouldn’t touch it.

I’ve edited all my Gig Performer rackspaces that contained sampletank and replaced it. Sampletank didn’t work the way I wanted it to. The sound quality is good, but can also be found in other VSTs.

1 Like

I decided to do the same. And made it. But I am sorry because number of sounds inside Sampletank 4 is huge and I cannot see something similar. It’s nice when someone here suggest some VST for same needs.

When there are some good sound you need, just resample them

1 Like