Remotely control Song Master and play songs from its playlist

In this gig file you’ll find the Global rackspace panel and the Global rackspace script demonstrating how OSC can be used to control and interact with Song Master.

It’s essentially the same as the one that is built from scratch in this live stream:

In this version, added are two buttons that allow you to navigate Song Master’s playlist (Prev/Next) and another button that allows you to select a Song in the Gig Performer’s Setlist and have Song Master load and play that song.

The only requirements are that you have added an OSC Target named “Song Master” to Gig Performer’s OSC Setup → “Manage OSC Targets…” dialog; and you have created a playlist in both Song Master and Gig Performer with songs named the same.

Also, if you want to use the Mute and Solo Vocals buttons, you need to “Generate Stems” and “Save Stems” in Song Master.

Download: Song Master.gig (217.5 KB)

2 Likes

In Song Master (SM), i load a song then the software analyses it in parts. I want to send an OSC from SM to GP to load a precise rackspace accordingly with the part the playhead is entering.

I set the proper connection by IP and port in both side : i can play a song from GP in SM. In SM, i set an OSC event when entering the solo part of the song but the message is not received in the call back function “OnSongPartChange”.

Can you please help me?

Do you have an OSC monitor app where you can see the message sent from Song Master?

I’ll try to catch that… Thanks for the idea

Some recommendations: Network tool for OSC monitoring

1 Like