Francis V. Capistrano (narfsounds)

Francis is a keyboardist, sound designer, and the director of NarfSounds, a place where you can find high-quality sound patches and presets for a host of flagship keyboard synth workstations. Needless to say, there is a sound pack designed to use with Gig Performer.

I finished a sound pack of 16 songs in less than half the time it would take me to complete a pack on any other platform so that to me is a testament on how easy it is to learn and use. My Africa sound was done literally the day after I downloaded the software for the first time.

As of time of writing, the set 2 is in the works.

Francis has been a musician for over 30 years, gigging as a keyboardist and working as a sound developer.​

Here is a photo of a recent gig where Francis used Gig Performer to power his setup.

The Fantom-0 is the designated controller and audio interface for this wedding gig with Gig Performer and a number of plugins from the Arturia V-Collection. He got “Positive feedback from the band so far with this compact setup.”

Here are some insights on his experience with Gig Performer:

Working with Gig Performer has been a delight, thanks to its efficient workflow. Capturing accurate sounds with Arturia’s plugins was just the beginning; the playability, ease of loading and changing sounds, and logical arrangement of sounds in a gig situation are what truly set it apart.
Managing and loading patches, confusion with samples, dealing with user programs getting overwritten, memory and storage problems, and file management have always been significant challenges when developing sounds for hardware boards. With Gig Performer, these concerns become non-issues.
In creating the 80s Covers Set, my goal was to compile a greatest hits pack featuring songs that a number of us have played at some point in our keyboard playing journey. I aimed to faithfully recreate the iconic sounds of the 80s with the V-Collection’s incredible synth recreations, while making sure they are easily accessible and seamlessly integrated for live performances. I’m excited to make this available to the Gig Performer community and hope it enhances your gigging.

(source)

In addition to his work with Narf Sounds, he is also the founder and moderator of several online communities for synth and keyboard enthusiasts, including the Kronos Enthusiast Workshops, Yamaha Montage/MODX Group, Roland Fantom 2019 Users, and the Korg Nautilus Group.

On his YouTube channel he published a tutorial on how to configure the Kronos as a MIDI Controller and Audio Interface for Gig Performer 5.

More information:

2 Likes

Set 1

1. 1984 - Van Halen
  2. Africa - Toto
  3. Died In Your Arms - Cutting Crew
  4. Don’t You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
  5. Dreams - Van Halen
  6. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police
  7. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
  8. Livin On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
  9. Money For Nothing - Dire Straits
  10. Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
  11. One Vision - Queen
  12. Radio Ga Ga - Queen
  13. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
  14. Separate Ways - Journey
  15. The Final Countdown - Europe
  16. Waiting for a Girl Like You - Foreigner

Set 2

1. Take on Me - Aha
  2. Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For fears
  3. Head over Heels - Tears for Fears
  4. I want to break free - Queen
  5. Shout - Tears for Fears
  6. Save a Prayer - Duran Duran
  7. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
  8. Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics
  9. True - Spandau Ballet
  10. Cars - Gary Numan
  11. Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush
  12. Let’s Go - The Cars
  13. Don’t Stop Believin - Journey
  14. Why Can’t This Be Love - Van Halen
  15. Rosanna - Toto
  16. Every Breath You Take - The Police
1 Like

I am surprised and pleased, this is exactly my setup for gigs in our Cover band. Compact, space-saving and still very effective. Instead of Aturia I use mostly other plugins.Okay, I use another keyboard stand…

1 Like

Set 2 is available

2 Likes

Are you guys working on Set 3? :pray: