What's YOUR favorite announced new feature in GP4?

Midi File Player - hopefully with similar functionality like the audio file player (re-play from beginning). Does it include as well a Midi Editor?

Well, it is a player, not a DAW :wink:

1 Like

Global rackspace is number 1.

Global Rackspace

What about Undo function ?
And about a kind of snap-to-grid function for front panel elements ?

1 Like

There is now an undo function in GP4 and layout management has also been improved :+1:

2 Likes

I like to call this version Gig Performer 5, given the number of improvements/new features. :slight_smile:
I think that Scriptlets are one of the greatest new features - I believe that people will be amazed what Gig Performer can do.

2 Likes

Hello, I have a query, does the Midi File Player allow to send midi files with sound settings to an external instrument through midiblockout ?

What do you mean by sound settings?

Hello PianoPaul

Parameters for the construction of a Patch, for example, exporting a Patch from a Syx file, converting it to a midi file (ex: with MidiQuest) and launching to synth it with the change of Rack

Do you use a DAW and does that work?
When I understand correctly you are asking if the MIdi File Player can act like a Midi librarian?
Why not save your presets on your external hardware and send PC messages from Gig performer for selecting the preset?

1.- Do you use a DAW and does that work? - Yes

2.- When I understand correctly you are asking if the MIdi File Player can act like a Midi librarian? - It could be a definition, yeah

3.- Why not save your presets on your external hardware and send PC messages from Gig performer for selecting the preset? - Because I do not want to occupy the memory of my equipment with patches that will have an eventual use

Can you upload such a MIDI File which contains the SysEx Data?

What Hardware are you using?
Is memory really a bottleneck on that hardware?

Es para cargar patches en un Roland D-05

Arriving at my house I upload it

Perhaps you could start a new topic with this subject?

1 Like

Global Rack Space.

The truth was a functionality query, I did not think of arousing so much interest

I would answer now with certainty that my favorite new feature is: UndoLayoutManagementGlobalRackspaceScriptletScalingCurveMidiFilePlayerZoomableWiringProbabilisticSoundDesignerFavoritesAndPresets :upside_down_face:

2 Likes