What's YOUR favorite announced new feature in GP4?

Picking ONE FEATURE ONLY, what is your favorite announced new feature in GP4?

For me: Global Rackspace!

There are numerous other features I am VERY excited about, but that is number one for my workflow.

x

3 Likes

For me scriptlets, sounds very promising

1 Like

Compatibility with M1 Chip

Pushing the envelope!!

2 Likes

If I had to pick one, it think it would be the global rack space. I will definitely be taking advantage of all of them though.

1 Like

Waiting for the hundred of new features before telling my choice, I do not want to pass for a versatile and unstable person :grinning:.

2 Likes

Global rackspace.
My perfect live setup uses an hardware Hammond clone (Viscount Legend), running through Amplitude Leslie in my new MacBook Pro.
This new feature helps me to keep the Hammond always alive with only one rack for the full concert.
Exactly what I want.
Then with one Rhodes, one Wurly and one Acoustic Piano (all as VSTs) I have 75% of the songs. I will check how global rack can help with this design.

2 Likes

Definitely!

2 Likes

Global rackspace, but Iā€™m super excited about them all.

1 Like

UNDO!! Not sexyā€¦ but sheesh Iā€™ve been waiting for this one. I canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve misaligned widgets and had to revert from a saved version to try again.

3 Likes

Global rackspace for me as well - including the flexibility to use it pre or post the local rackspace (or both).

And for us scripters, having the ability to use a global script is great!

1 Like

New Tuner was one of my most important wishes for the new version. Thank You very much!

1 Like

@Angel ,

I donā€™t know about you, but Iā€™ll use this similar to how I loaded all my Kontakt instruments on load in Forteā€™ so I have persistent piano, custom samples, etcā€¦ just ready on start. I think it will really give the best of both worlds in terms of flexibility of switching rackspaces per song plus persistent items that are just ā€˜thereā€™.

x

1 Like

My use case would be, hopefully:

• One instance of NI Kontakt, loaded with all FX samples I would like to trigger on occassion at any time during the show.
  • TDR Limiter right before the output to FOH, for PA protection and leveled sounds throughout the show.
1 Like

Iā€™m not aware of the new features and couldnā€™t find !

The link was in the GP Newsletter:

https://gigperformer.com/gig-performer-4-available-june-2021.html

3 Likes

Global Rackspace is awesome !

underrated for shure:
ā€œother improvementsā€:

• comment plugin In
3 Likes

Thereā€™s a new video up demonstrating the global rackspaceā€¦it looks awesome! The global rackspace widget Matt was demoing had 4 ins/outs - Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s configurable (so you can have, say, 8 or 10, etc.).

3 Likes

+1 on that question.

i just mixpuzzled the fact that a Audio In-section and a Audio out-section on a global rackspace could ofcourse be within ONE "global Rackspace. / so i got it now right :wink: )
the question that arises is then indeed: how many in-out Audio ports are available ?
i guess , the rest is then to our imagination how and how often we would route forth and backā€¦? )

1 Like

Up to 64

8 Likes

Scriptlets and Favorites / Presets.

And MIDI Channel Constrainer sounds very promising as I work a lot with different MIDI channels on my master keyboards.

1 Like