VB3-II 2023 released

I think he’s on Windows.

But you can post your gig file in ‘Shared rackspaces’. Only in ‘Gig and Rackspace files’ is mandatory to post VST/VST3 to keep them cross-platform.

Yes I’m on on windows 10
Cheers

Here we go :sunglasses:

1 Like

Cheers man

First update was released: v.2.1.0.

https://www.genuinesoundware.com/Products/VB3-2/Release_Notes.txt

2 Likes

:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: Pay attention before updating :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

“They did it again”

When running through the release notes I already had a bad feeling:

In the host automation parameter list “Rotary FX Brake Switch” was inserted between “Percussion DropOut” and “Rotary FX ON/OFF”

This causes all your widget mappings behind this new entry to be shifted by one… You have to rework your rackspaces most likely as most of the interesting parameters like the drawbars are behind this list position :-1:

See above :frowning:

1 Like

This is a perfect example of why we tell our our customers to never update anything within two weeks of a show so that there is plenty of time to test and deal with issues such as this one, essentially having nothing to do with GP itself.

1 Like

Exactly, nevertheless annoying. I‘m currently in the phase of updating and changing some things as I have no gigs for the next 6 weeks :innocent:

I‘m in the lucky situation, that I can pre-check on my office iMac before updating my gigging MBP.

I‘ll checkout a better update procedure as above for this ‚feature‘ and get back later!

After that, still test. Just cause one Mac was ok doesn’t mean the other will be

1 Like

Especially if one is intel based, and the other one Apple Silicon :wink:

OK, in the end the procedure for updating VB3-II from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 is the same as I described in VB3-II 2023 released - #40 by tripleB

Additionally I made temp. GP plugin presets for the VB3-II for each rackspace before updating the VB3-II plugin.

After the update I reloaded the plugin preset in the temporary variation before i started the remapping.

Everything fine so far VB3-II 2.1.0 up and running in my main gig-file :sunglasses:

Edit: I also updated the Simple VB3-II example