VB3-II 2023 released

No, it’s more like a vocoder. Have a look here https://youtu.be/moUYXgRHM04?si=Ac6_lG9qu7-sA633 ~minute 20

BTW: there no standalone GSIrotary anymore

I did license mine first as a standalone - it works fine there. I’ll ask GP to rescan.

Update - I removed the 1.x versions from the list and it is working now.

1 Like

Remove the vn3 entries in plugin window and rescan

Hey guys…
No one talking about sound quality. I am heavily using IK Hammond B3X. I know there are many VB3 fans here. Is it a quantum leap?
I am interested to buy. I should support Italian developers and Guido has a big respect from all the musicians using his software.

I like ik Hammond more, but this vb3 sounds also very good and uses much less cpu.
And with tweaking you reachable similar sound.
The drive is very good and for rock music this vb3 seems to better than ik multimedia.

Good assessment. I’m still undecided. So far I’ve been using Mercurial SS-11X as preamp for the Hammond vsts at the default setting. I am using it between the organ and Leslie. Expression pedal drives the preamp very well. That doesn’t work with the VB3-II. The swell pedal in the VB3-II doesn’t work this way. It doesn’t affect the overdrive. .By the way, for me the VB3-II needs a little less cpu than the Hammond, but not that much.

Very nice that this version works with the license key of the previous version!

I wanted to do a blind comparison, so I set up a rackspace with VB3-II 2023, Blue 3, Blue 3 + IK leslie (amplitube) & IK B-3X. I put them all in a similar drawbar setting, same cabinet etc. After an hour of testing, Blue 3 + IK leslie is the winner for me, though they all sound good.

Somehow Blue 3 + IK leslie sounds most natural, and most convincing as if there is an actual 122 cabinet setup with real microphones.

IK B-3X is a good number 2, but VB3-II & Blue 3 (with build-in leslie) are both a tiny bit harsh to my ears.

(I’m on windows)

There is another slider in vb3 where you influence overdrive, just edit the organ

Thank you.

I will try to do the same blind comparison as Seet, very good idea!

I don’t find this slider. I do not mean adjustment of the “drive knob”. The expression pedal doesn’t seem to interact with the amp in a way a real amp would do when driven. I’ll try to do this with an amp plugin and a separate Leslie.

Are different sounds in different rackspaces now correctly restored in this version? :thinking:

I would be interested in new version if it would behave itself when using with Gp

@Stoffel can you provide an example or instructions how to check?
I‘m still on my test Mac for the next 14 days…

I do Not understand
As the State of the Plugin is Stored in the rackspace and this State is reliaded, what do you mean?
The preset Name of vb3?

See here:

This is why I migrated from VB3 to Blue3 and PSP L’otary 2.

1 Like

I’m very interested to hear if anybody runs into issues with the new version crashing. I loved the sound of the VB3-II but abandoned it for Blue3. The previous version of VB3-II crashed and was unreliable for use in Gig Performer.

I had no issues installing and using the new version. I am running Windows 10. There is a standalone version. I de-activated my license on the GSi web site. Then I completely uninstalled the old version of VB3-II. Next I installed the new version and then re-registered. Yes, your old VB3-II license is applicable and works.

There are no patch changes that I see. The sounds are the same. If this plugin is rock solid stable I will be very happy.

1 Like

Sorry if I was unclear. The previous version was prone to crashes. I’ve just completed installing the 2023 version and have not experienced any issues. Hoping it remains that way. I edited my prior post to clarify.

2 Likes

I finally updated my VB3-II on my MBP this afternoon after finishing yesterdays last gig with the VB3-II 1.1.1 :sunglasses:

:exclamation: THIS IS NOT AN ORDINARY UPDATE :exclamation:

As the VB3-II 2023 was annonunced as a “totally rebuild” I was expecting some issues, and I was not disappointed:

About the installation (or update) itself we already had some discussion earlier in this thread.
For me it was about to renew my last existing rackspace providing 7 variations for my main gig file

Learning #1:
the parameter mapping is completely different (at last compared to my previous installation). All my widget assignments have been mixed up. (16’ Drawbar on Delay Time, 5 1/3’ on Reverb etc.). Therefore none of my variations was working anymore :roll_eyes:

Learning #2:
the Leslie Half Moon Switch is now acting like in other B3 Instruments (CC#1 Slow-Brake-Fast). Mapping needs to be adjusted…

Learning #3:
the behaviour of the Volume Pedal can now be fine tuned inside the VB3-II. Something I have to look deeper later on

So after playing around with the mapping my old rackspace I began the transfer. This is the scheme which worked out with low effort

1. reload the gig file, select the VB3-II rackspace to change and create a new variation. This is needed to avoid changes in the existing variation when assigning the ‘new’ parameter
  2. select this variation and (re-)do the complete mapping (including new mapping for Halfmoon Switch…)
  3. open the VB3-II and select a preset (the preset I remembered when I build up this rackspace…) to get a working organ
  4. turn of SPLIT (which seems to have been activated somewhere in this process)
  5. save…

Currently I have an updated rackspace which feels close to the previous one.

But I think I will need some tweaking within the next week - I’m looking relaxed forward towards my next gig end of December

BBB

Can you post your gigfile with rackspace control for new vb3 2?
Cheers

If AU / macOS is fine with you I can share tomorrow. Just discovered that I mapped the wrong bars: Set A does not support percussion :roll_eyes: