Top websites for free audio plugins

Luckily mostly there is a parameter to switch it off. On the Korg Kronos I found it out only after quite some time, the other band members called my organ initially (during not playing, when only the authentic noise was audible) the coffee machine.

3 Likes

I had a vintage authentic noise on an Arturia Vintage Organ. We started a rehearsal with the Rackspaces where I had this organ, and my band mates didn’t say anything until we switched to another song. The noise suddenly stopped and the bass guy said: this fucking noise finally stopped, I would like to know what it was. I then had to elaborate on the “authentic vintage sound” :grimacing:
For the following rehearsal I finally found the noise on/off switch,to switch it off. :innocent:

3 Likes

Our bass player has a cool sounding kind of distortion/saturator stomp box, however it is fully analog … the authentic vintage sound is always present (but only audible before/after a song when nobody plays).

Ours too, I know it still we started to play a Muse song. And if I can bring our bass player to GP, I will be the master of the Universe. Make him accept to use the band cloud would already be a success… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Looks familiar :slight_smile: … I tried to show our guitarist Guitar Rig from NI with Gig Performer … first thing he asked: it’s not analog right? (then he returned to his own (analog) gear). Guess digital is not for everyone.

1 Like

That reminds me of a quote at the end of a German movie which says something like
“Freedom is a gift which not everyone wants to get”

2 Likes

Does he only listen to vinyl records recorded using analog tape?

2 Likes

To be honest I don’t know, he has many vinyl records though.
He’s just not so technically interested, so he prefers for his guitar gear to have the idea of ’ 1 control = 1 function only’

I just stumbled upon an article on delamar.de where they gathered a list of over 200 free plugins, well sorted for their use case - unfortunately it is in German language, but i guess you will understand where the links are pointing to:
212+ Free VST Plugins handverlesen - die besten (PC/Mac) ⋆ delamar.de

3 Likes

9 Excellent FREE Plugins (That Shouldn’t Be Free)

1:56 Deelay
5:45 Surge XT
7:22 Cardinal
10:37 Fire
13:33 Ruina
15:19 Gatelab / Filterstep / Panflow
18:37 PaulXStretch

3 Likes

Thanks … since I’m new, it’s always nice to see some useful plugins.
Now finding the time to check them all :slight_smile:

This might be a good resource too:All VI Freebie contributions Here! | VI-CONTROL

1 Like

Thank you, one more in the soundbox.

1 Like

Here’s a plugin Simple Meter, a free VST from Refuse Software.

You can resize its GUI to a narrow strip so it fits very well to your panel.

More information here.

3 Likes

Nice find! Took me a minute to get around mousing to the bottom right corner of the window to resize it (that’s the only location where the cursor changes to the resizing double-headed arrow). Switching to mono mode has to be done via GP’s Bus Layout right-click option. Took another minute to get around to trying that.

1 Like

SocaLabs Wavetable → a free virtual synth.

It includes:

• two wavetable,
  • one noise,
  • one sub oscillators,
  • single filter,
  • six LFOs (three of which are mono and the other three are poly), with 17 different shapes
  • three envelopes
  • effects: reverb, delay, distortion, and more.
  • a visualization feature

The plugin supports MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression).
It comes with 100 wavetables and 100 presets.

Format: VST/VST3/AudioUnit

Download: Wavetable – SocaLabs

Zip size: ~60 MB

4 Likes