Useful posts and threads

[1] Free Plugin Friday YouTube channel → LINK

[2] Freeware Sonntag at Gearnews → LINK

[3] Free plugin compilations → LINK

[4] The Microphone Assassin → LINK

[5] 200+ hand-picked free plugins → LINK

4 Likes

@npudar
Thank you for this clear and concise topic, with suitable references.
It refreshes ideas for users and it is well explained for newcomers. :smiley:

I add these links about freeware:

-Weekly freeware news but in french. I guess this menu item exists in other countries.
Audiofanzine freeware news

1 Like

Although they would be listed on some of the sites mentioned in your article, I feel the MeldaProduction free effects bundle is worthy of a special mention. They have proven extremely useful in many of my Gig Performer rackspaces.

2 Likes

A very good article!
But maybe the MIDI part should be mentioned and shown too, actually you only show audio connections in your rackspace screenshots. I know that most of the users will know/guess by themselves that MIDI connections are handled the same way (rackspace wise), but you can never know…

One of my “every day” web pages for audio hard- and software is the German edition of Gearnews:

And related to your topic, every Sunday is “Freeware Sunday”, where they always introduce three VST instruments or effects that are actually free of charge.
Unfortunately this “Freeware Sunday” is not to be seen in the English edition of the website.

2 Likes

The MIDI part will be covered in future, perhaps :slight_smile: (it’s already a bit lengthy article)

Great for those French and German pages, I think they are useful and I don’t mind using Google translate for any language if good material is there. :ok_hand:

@schamass Thank you for the link “gearnews”, one more to make us drool… :drooling_face:

1 Like

Here is the alphabetical list of free useful plugins and free plugin compilations:

BBC Symphony Orchestra - free, easy-to-use plugin, with 33 instruments brought to life
–> Create a new account, fill out the questionnaire, and get the free download after 14 days

CollaB3 - a free vintage tonewheel organ emulation

Dead Duck Software - the Dead Duck free plugins provide all you need to get started making music on your PC

Dexed - a multi platform, multi format plugin synth that is closely modeled on the Yamaha DX7

Full Bucket - 20 free plugins

Helm - a free polyphonic synthesizer

IVGI - a free saturation & distortion plugin

LoudMax - a Look-Ahead Brickwall Loudness Maximizer with a clean transparent sound

MFreeFXBundle - the Melda production free plugin bundle; these quality plugins can compete with paid ones

Noiz-Lab LE Mastering Bundle - a bundle of 5 free mastering plugins in VST, VST3, AU and AAX format for Mac and PC

OrilRiver - a free algorithmic stereo reverb that can rival the quality of commercial reverbs

PanCake - a free plugin for most flexible panning modulations

QRange - a free IIR linear phase EQ

ReaPlugs - a free package of FX that includes many of the plug-ins that come with REAPER

Surge - an open source digital synthesizer

TAL-NoiseMaker - a free synth that also includes a small effect section with a reverb, chorus and a simple bit-crusher effect

TDR Kotelnikov - a free wideband dynamics processor combining high fidelity dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility

TDR Nova - a free parallel dynamic equalizer

TDR VOS SlickEQ - a free mixing/mastering equalizer

Unlimited - a free loudness maximizer and limiter for stereo and 5.1 surround material

Voxengo SPAN - a free spectrum analyzer plugin
Check out other 15 free plugins

Youlean Loudness Meter - a free loudness meter that can compete even with the most expensive ones

4 Likes

Excellent list!

You might want to consider adding Klanghelm’s free compressor and saturator plugins. Even his paid plugins are super values at less than €25 each.

https://klanghelm.com/contents/main.php

2 Likes

I am wondering if this plugin can help to reduce latency :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:
Note that IVGI is already in the list, and I used Klanghelm’s DC1A in the blog article (see the first message).

1 Like

1 Like

http://www.alanvista.com/
12 Free VST (also AU) plugins.

I found this compilation on the German version of gearnews. Thanks @schamass for sharing the link. Great material is here:

And also:

Freeware Sonntag section is superb.
Keep 'em coming :slight_smile:

Here’s my contribution to the topic:

https://www.vstplanet.com/index.htm

1 Like

French violin free plugin

1 Like

There are free plugins here: My Free Plugins | Monster DAW

1 Like

Paid plugin now free: BABY Audio I Heart NY Is FREE For BPB Readers!

1 Like

More free plugins: FREE – Nembrini Audio

GEM Mode free 'till December, 20th.

• Hyper-realistic simulation of the original unit thanks to the 4th generation DSP technology
  • All “modes” are simulated, including the combination of multiple buttons.
  • All parameters can be controlled by input envelopes
  • Input stage saturation control with super-musical harmonic generation
  • LFO shapes can be customized
  • Modulation rates can be synced to BPM
  • Low CPU usage: more than 1000 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
  • Multilevel undo-redo
  • A/B Comparison

Link: Gem Mod free license request | Overloud

2 Likes

I enjoy Audiority plugins - a focus on guitarists, but plugins for many use-cases.
They have 2 free guitar pedal plugins, and one free amp sim, inspired by the following:

• Dr Phase: MXR® Phase 90 phaser pedal
  • Dr Drive: Horizon Devices® Precision Drive
  • L12X: Marshall® Lead 12™ solid state amplifier
2 Likes

All plugins for free!

Got the link from a bandmate. Seems to be about mastering plugins. But haven’t checked the quality yet.

2 Likes