Syntronik Not Loading Presets

I have little doubt this is not the fault of GP, but I think I am more likely to get some useful input here than other places.

On occasions in Syntronik, it will not load a preset I had saved (which should load with the Gig file).

Interestingly, Syntronik still has the name of the preset in the synth window when I load up the software, but it is not loaded. So, the good news is a could just load it and it worked.

I suppose it is possible this is related to the update to Syntronik I did a few weeks ago.

I figure I would just ask if anyone has any thoughts or input on this.

Thx.

Jeff

Gig performer never loads presets of a plugin.
The saved state of a plugin is loaded.

Yes, Syntonik did not load it. Donā€™t know why.

Did you update from Syntronik 1 to Syntronik 2?

No. I only have had Syntronik 2,

But, IK released an update/bug fix for Syntronik 2 maybe a couple of months ago, which I ran. So, possibly it is related to that.

Jeff

I am using Syntronik 2 and do not face the issue.

Okay, thank you for responding.

Hopefully it was a one time thing and if I run through all the presets I use and fix any with issues, that will fix them for good.

Jeff

Hmm, the patch is Modulated Fat Pad.

Whenever I shut down GP and then restart, I can hear the patch, but at very low volume.

It shows it in the window, but it is not highlighted.

I can find the preset and then double click to load it.

Then it returns to normal volume.

PS: It also happens with another preset: Chiming, in Blau. Ugh!

As an experiment, try the following

1. Get the sound you want

2. Save it as a GP User Preset

3. Quit GP

4. Start GP again - presumably the sound will now be wrong

5. Load the the saved GP User Preset

Does it sound right now?

Iā€™ll try it now. Thx!

Nope, it didnā€™t work. Same thing.

It is weird. It looks like the preset is not loaded in Syntronik 2 (it does not show it as highlighted).

Yes, you can hear the preset faintly.

Then I can load it and it switches to full (correct) volume.

Jeff

To fix your Syntronik or SampleTank internal preset patchesā€¦ try the following:

1. quit GP

2. open up the preset with a text editor. presets are located at Documents/IK Multimedia/Syntonik (or SampleTank)/Multis/

3. at the top look for the verson number in the code as follows:

<formatversion>x</formatversion>

ā€¦ ā€¦change the value for x from 2 to 3 if itā€™s 2. Save the change

1. test the patch again in GPā€¦ it should once again ā€˜soundā€™ when played.

The above fix was suggested to me by IK support when my presets stop making sound but the sample was being referenced.

Ok. Then it is definitely a bug in the plugin

A GP User Preset is just the state of the plugin and the plugin is consequently either not sending its entire state when requested or itā€™s not resetting its internal state when sent the state.

You should report this to the developer

Yep, thanks for looking into it.

On weird thing, the other one that seemed to do the same thing (the ā€œChimingā€ preset from the ā€œBlauā€ synth/rompler) worked this time. Go figure?!

Well, I figure itā€™s something stupid in their plugin, perhaps something not being initialized properly at the beginning and then depending on what else is going on, it gets initialized later.

Any idea how to change the midi channel on Syntronik? I have my upper KB set to Ch9.

Take a look at the settings
Here MIDI Channel is set to OMNI, but you can choose

I ended up changing to a different sound. Luckily it was a pad sound that is very similar to many others in Syntronik 2. (I like this one a bit better). So far it seems to work fine.

But, if course, that does not fix this apparent bug.

Jeff

What was the name of the preset and the synth which is not loading?
Or better, can you upload the rackspace with the problematic Syntronic plugin?
I could check on my side.

Hello, Paul,

The patch is Modulated Fat Pad in the JP-8.

I am away from my rig (at my ā€œrealā€ job), so I canā€™t access the rackspace now.

But, I will try to upload the rackspace tonight (I will probably create a new one, open and close GP, and and see if it happens. Since I do not want to mess with the rackspace I ā€œfixedā€ by replacing the preset).

I may have to follow up how to upload the rackspace (I never did that). But Iā€™ll try to figure it out.

I suppose I wonder if it could be related to getting low on available ram on start up. The Sytronik 2 GUI seems to be missing some images too. (I usually open GP right after turning on the laptop. So, it is getting close to 90% ram use at start up. But, after a bit (10 minutes?) ram use is down to under 50%.)

To follow up after inspecting this more, it seems like the patch was ā€œloadedā€. It was highlighted in the list (it is faint, but I think thatā€™s how they all are when they are loaded). But, the volume was extremely low. And when I re-loaded the preset, it played properly (at the expected volume).

Jeff