Syntronik Not Loading Presets

Why would RAM be getting low at startup?

As I mentioned earlier, the fact that loading a GP User Preset didn’t work demonstrates that the plugin is not handling state properly.

David, I thought we have discussed this before. There is always a huge different in the percentage of ram used when GP is first opened shortly after the computer is turned on (Windows). Shortly after I start GP the task manager is up to at least high 80s% (last time I checked) in terms of ram used. Then I check about 10 minutes or so later than the percentage of ram used (as noted in the task manager) is under 50%.

I understand. I was just speculating maybe there is some relationship. Thx.

Jeff

There’s something about that particular pad setting. When I load it, it plays at a nice 3/4 volume. When I save this to a gigfile and re-open the gigfile, it plays at a really reduced volume…but the volume slider in the plugin has not changed.

If I load another Syntronik 2 patch, save the gigfile and re-open the gigfile…it plays at the same 3/4 volume.

i just now saved Modulated Fat Pad as a Favorite, built a new rackspace and loaded that Favorite. It played at that same reduced volume. Returning to the previous rackspace the plugin is still at 3/4 volume.

I saved and re-opened the gigfile. The first rackspace now played at the reduced volume. The second rackspace (Favorite) played at a severely reduced volume…very faint.

There’s obviously something wrong within this particular patch.

I’m trying some other patches,

1 Like

Thank you! I guess I am glad to know it is not just me. :slight_smile:

Jeff

1 Like

I did go into the plugin patch and change the filter “Type” settings and retained the 3/4 volume settings after saving and reloading.

Ahh, John, what did you change the filer “Type” to? (assuming I am understanding you correctly).

Do you see that happening when you start GP with an empty gig file?

I haven’t tried that. I can.

But, I think the consensus (from people who know more than me) that this is due to Windows slowly releasing ram used in start up.

Since it eventually gets to 45% on my system, I would think most of the 45% is my GP gig file, with some residual of Windows ram use.

I turned it off and I think that worked. It still sounded the same. I also tried #2 and #3. They worked too. It must be something with #1.

EDIT: FYI…I’m on Mac Monterey.

Thanks, John.

1 Like

I don’t know how I missed that. I’ll have another look

For some reason, my settings doesn’t have that TAB?

Pic here

Ooops, that option is only available in the standalone APP

Seems Syntronik reacts on each channel.

Is there a reason you don’t have it set to Ch1 ?

Just an old school midi habit. I guess I should put it back to CH1, but that will require a bit more work, on my 120 existing patches. :frowning:

Did you check if Syntronik reacts on MIDI Channel 9?

Up top center where the patch name is…click on that small keyboard symbol on its left. That should open the edit window.

I am having the same problem with Halion 6. I have Halion 6 in seven of the rack spaces and only three of them will load correctly. I have to race to load the right multi before the song starts every time.

Aggravating, huh!