Syntronik Not Loading Presets

There is a new release available:

What’s new in Syntronik 2.1.1:

• Fixed issues where some legacy .st3i Instrument settings would recall incorrectly when saved in DAW session
• General reliability improvements

3 Likes

Thanks, David!

Does this update fix the issue?

I did install it and another IK update (Amplitube, took a long time).

I did not check it for Modulated Fat Pad (JP-8) since I had switched to another sound I liked better.

But, the weird thing is (before I did the update) I had the same problem again with Chiming (Blau synth).

I reloaded the sound, closed GP, did the updates, and I seemed to still have the problem.(Maybe they did not fix that one?)

There are actually two “Chiming” presets. (Maybe one is a legacy from Syntronik I and maybe the other they re-did for Syntronik II (?). I did not even check which one I was using because I was not tweaking it and whatever I used sounded good (for the beginning of Take on Me).

So, this time I loaded the other version of Chiming.

I shut everything down, but did not restart and check again because I was running late for work.

I will check again. Maybe I now have loaded up the Syntronik II version, so I won’t have a problem?

Until I have some time under my belt without a problem, I will have to check this sound before the gig.

I will report back.

Thanks,

Jeff

And does that sound always come back correctly?

Yes, that one has worked fine. Have not had an issue with it.

I use Syntronik II a lot. Most presets work fine. (But you know it only takes one to mess things up!).

And apparently the problem is intermittent sometimes. I thought Chiming (Blau) was a one-time thing, but then it happened again this morning.

So, I will check it a few more times before my gig tomorrow night. Then at the gig I will try it before the set starts. (Obviously, I shouldn’t have to do this).

But, if it goes months without a problem, I can have have some comfort it was fixed (either due to the Syntronik II update or maybe the fact that I am now using the other version of Chiming (or both?)).

Jeff

Ok. Either something is not being properly initialized or some parameters are not being included in the state when it is requested by the host or being sent back to the plugin.

You guys are great. Thank you. Either way, I am assuming it is an issue with Syntronik II (not at issue with GP).

I started up GP and the Chiming preset (Blau synth) played properly (proper volume).

We’ll see if it is consistent going forward.

Thanks again.

Jeff

2 Likes

Suggest you update your KVR question to reflect this

2 Likes

Done. I tried to make it clear it is not a GP issue. (On k-v-r complaining about IK bugs is pretty much a regular thing).

3 Likes