Send All Notes Off

I much appreciate it in advance! I will be patient! :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

Here you have :wink: :

2 Likes

Wow! You didn’t forget! I’m impressed! Thank you so much, i will check it out later. :+1:

1 Like

With all my complete redesign of my system, I finally got around to trying your sostenuto (or sustenuto LOL) scriptlet. Works great! Thank you so much! Is there an option in the script not to play any new notes after the (sustenuto was activated) at all? The single vs overlap notes button is a different behaviour. If not, that can be easily solved by a grouped widget for note on filtering. Thanks again!

You are welcome.

If you only need to have you last chord playing, perhaps you could simply use a regular sustain (CC64) together with the Plugin Persist Scriptlet:

With this Scriptlet the notes which are playing go on playing until you stop to play them, new notes are filtered out, and the connected plugin is definitely bypassed once you the last played notes is released.
Would this work for you, or do you still need to play rhythmic chords using the sostenuto notes?

Ah! You’re thinking like a keyboard player! Is that your instrument? Lol what you’re saying makes sense based on the limited information i gave you. So I do want to keep on playing I just don’t want that particular sound to continue while I’m playing on top of it with the same instrument. I’m a guitar player and I want to sustain keyboard pads or start certain sequenced sounds and I do not want new notes to be played with those same synth sounds after holding the notes, just play either my regular guitar sound or another synth over it. So I need the sustenuto effect. With a grouped widget blocking blocking me notes it gives me exactly what I’m looking for.

That’s the only thing I can do… :roll_eyes:

What you request is a bit different as the sostenuto (with “o” please! :wink:) is not enough for you.

With the Plugin Persist plugin you can play a chord, press sustain and keep it pressed, switch to another variation, which stop the current synth and start another one, the current sound is still eared until you release systain, but the new synth sound can already be played.

Don’t you perhaps rather want to be able to (I try to think like a guitarist who can play less notes than a keyboardist at a time :wink:):
1 - play a chord with a pad synth
2 - press a “hold chord” pedal and the sound goes on but another synth sound can be played
3 - you release the “hold chord” pedal such that the chord using the pad synth is stopped and the next notes will be played with the pad synth again
back to 1… etc…