Send All Notes Off

But that was the goal.
Press sustain pedal, play notes that sustain.
Or do I miss something?

The goal was to only sustain only the notes that were played at the moment of pressing the pedal, not the ones after. In your step by step list you have specified “new played notes do NOT sustain” after releasing the pedal (value 127) so I thought we were on the same page. I apologize if I wasn’t clear.

Actually, the behavior is more like sostenuto (cc#66) not traditional sustain #64 that sustains everything.

Ok, after I thought let me play :wink:

Now try this
AutoSustainer.gig (6.1 KB)

New notes (after press) still sustain unfortunately. I’m not sure how the built-in AutoSustainer works, but would using CC#66 (sustenuto) make any difference? Or does that not matter? I know when I just changed the 64 to 66 and sent a cc#66 it didn’t do anything… Thanks for keeping trying!

Now I am totally lost:
I did this

Press sustain pedal and while pressed played some notes.
They sustain

Released the sustain pedal, Played Notes still sustain.

Pressed Sustain => sustained notes stop
While sustain is pressed new played notes do not sustain.

Released Sustain
Pressed sustain, now the cycle begins.

This operational flow:

Is different from your previously described operational flow:

The difference is that in the 2nd example, which is the original setout goal, there are notes being played AFTER the pedal is released and those notes aren’t meant to sustain. Only the notes that were playing while or during the down press, but not after the up/release of the sustain pedal. SO…

Play notes
press down pedal >>>sustain notes
release pedal >>> continue to sustain those same notes
play new notes >>> do NOT sustain these new notes (to be played ON TOP OF the sustained chord/notes)
press/release pedal >>> end sustain

If the above isn’t possible, I’d be happy with this alternative:

Play notes
press down pedal >>>sustain notes
release pedal >>> continue to sustain those same notes
play new notes >>> NOTHING (no synth/midi sound at all, I’ll just play reg guitar sound over it)
press/release pedal >>> end sustain

Does that make sense?

This is implemented, but first press sustain and then play notes.

When you say “this is implemented”, what are you referring to exactly? I am not able to get it to work. If I press sustain again, after having sustained notes already, it just stops the previous sustain and starts a new cycle. I can’t keep the sustain going while playing over it.

Are you able to play and sustain a chord and play over it new notes without sustaining?
In other words, hear the sustained notes and the non sustained notes at the same time? I’m not sure how else to phrase my question so I am communicating exactly what I’m trying to achieve.

I do it this way:

Press Sustain (do not release)
play notes, they sustain

Release sustain
The played notes sustain

Press sustain
The sustained notes stop
New played notes do not sustain.

Right. The sustain part works for me as well. In this scenario you’re not mentioning playing over the sustained notes. Are you able to accomplish that? Play and sustain notes, release pedal and play non sustained notes on top of it at the same time?

This was in my initial version, but I remember you did not want that.

But before I work over it:

the price is raising up…

1 Like

I’m sorry if I haven’t been clear, but I always wanted that OR if that were not possible, no sound at all on top of the sustained notes. I still have all your gig files and none of them accomplished being able to hold notes and play over it at the same time with non sustained notes as far as I can tell. Am I wrong?

Name your price my friend! :rofl:

Maschine+ from Native Instruments.

2 Likes

Most certainly! :wink:

Yes, that I want

As long as you accept a virtual one, you got it! :slight_smile:

I am a Professional and you get what you pay for :wink:

1 Like

Just to chime in here…

I tried the AutoSustainer.gig with a piano plugin and it worked as desired. I could play notes and at the same time press the sustain pedal, release the pedal and the notes would remained sustained. I could then play staccato notes above the sustained notes. When I pressed the pedal again the sustained notes would quit.

I tried this using my guitar with MIDIGuitar2.vst. I’m still trying to get it to work. So far, I can play notes, hit the pedal and get them to sustain. But, as soon as I play more notes, the sustained notes quit. It may be my wiring view setup…working on that.

1 Like