Refx Nexus 4 suddenly crashes GigPerformer

You are right, that is the next plugin, that i cannot use. Avenger, Roland and Univeral audio need the internet. Dune, electra 3, Kontakt 7, Synthmaster and Nexus have crashed in the past. Musiclab and Cherry Audio sometimes have a very high CPU load, ilok has issues.

One day I can only use Adam Monroe organ, pianoteq, Full Bucket Music and Korg. Or I sample every sound with Bliss … :wink:

Use the AU version

dhj said:

After the bug with the missing Gui I have replaced every AU Version.

What I want to say is, that nearly every plugin has or had an issue, that is sobering and disappointing for me.

1 Like

I don’t know what to say to that — we have obviously many users using Gig Performer with 100% reliability on stage with a huge variety of plugins.

If you’re having a problem with every plugin, perhaps there’s an issue with your computer at the heart of it.

It’s certainly the case from the crash report I saw, that the bug is in that Nexus plugin - it’s not a Gig Performer issue.

You talk about Omnisphere ?

I know, that it was the plugin and not GigPerformer.

I am on Windows, I use my MacBook only for music.

After the Korg Kronos the MacBook Pro with GigPerformer was my best investment in music.

Not only, see for example here Weird display of VB3-II GUI as AU

Thanks for that but you said, “ nearly every plugin “ which suggests that almost no plugins are working for you.

VB3 has lots of issues. Have you tried the VST versions of your plugins or are you only using AUs?

I have had the GUI mistake with AUs. I know, that was an Apple issue, so I replaced all my AUs with VST. For me that is okay. I answered to pianopaul, who asked me to use AU, I don’t want to go this step back. That’s all.

Sorry, you are right “nearly every plugin” is a little bit exaggerated, but a number of plugins have had some issues in the past. That does not mean, that I have had all these issues every time. And there are communities that try to help, in particular here.

I want to be careful, but I think, that it is not possible to avoid all plugins that had an issue in the past.

Nothing about a fix for crashing during loading in the release notes of 4.5.5 :neutral_face: (which is non-conclusive)…

Perhaps

• Improved stability and general bug-fixes.

Until yesterday Nexus was rock solid for me. I hoped, that someone here has the plugin and could try it with GP on Mac.

So what changed that made it not rock solid?

1 Like

That was in every release, so it sounds rather generic. But don’t get me wrong: I want it to work for you :slightly_smiling_face:

I know, thank you. At the moment it works fine.

Would you trust a plugin that crashes GP without obvious reason?

Of course not. But I rarely upgrade plugins in my live environment once they’re working reliably unless there is a compelling need, which there normally isn’t. I’m still using Kontakt 5 and other plugins that are years old.

For live use, I’m still using an older MacBook Pro with 10.14 on it and no plans to upgrade.

2 Likes

Probably the best way.

I update everything immediately and try to use the newest versions. If something doesn’t work, I substitute it.

When I had not opened my MacBook yesterday after rehearsal, I probably would not have noticed the Nexus issue. Perhaps it was just bad luck.

Yeah, one cannot assume that the latest version of something is always the greatest.

Perhaps somewhere in the net exists a list of Plugins, where no issues are reported in the past. :thinking:

Or someone who has a lot of Plugins (and a lot of time) could create a topic with such a list. :wink:

I doubt that such a thing exists. For example, a plugin that works on Monterey may expose a bug on Ventura.

1 Like