Optimizing a PC and Windows

I want to mention this as a warning to users of Dell laptops. I’ve run into a huge issue on BOTH of my last two Dell laptops, affecting the entire Windows 10 system, not just GigPerformer. I actually paid $100 for Dell Support, and they were no help. I ended up figuring it out after months and years of googling and testing. The problem was that the whole system would slow down to a CRAWL at random times - sometimes after a week or two, sometimes several times a day. I only found the solution when I started searching for “CPU throttling”, which is actually what was happening, it wasn’t due to drivers or software at all. There’s a free application called ThrottleStop that has completely fixed my problem, it’s like a miracle, and my current $500 Dell laptop is now running full-time at its rated speed of 3.08 GHz, where before it would frequently throttle down to 0.3 GHz and less, making it basically unusable. The writer of ThrottleStop says that this is a common problem on Dell laptops, and is often (as in my case) due to a faulty signal, BDPROCHOT, being generated when nothing has actually overheated.

4 Likes