Novation launchpad lighting provisions in Gig Performer

Really? :thinking:
I though your only remaining issue was that you launchpad key are momentary while you need them to be latching. So, your issue is that the state are reversed ? I am surprised about this…

If you use a button widget without connection to any plugin and you simply activate the MIDI sync it’s state is reversed with regard to the launchpad ??? :face_with_monocle:

Seems like I have tried just about everything, what else would you suggest? I am open to any suggestions. Yes, they are working fine now with the exception that the light state is reversed.

I am a bit confused now. When you open a GP MIDI monitor (the one in the Window menu), what does it display when you press a Launchepad button and when yoy release it ? Generally, it is CCx 0 when released and CCx 127 when pressed. Is it not the case for your Launchpad ?

Correct

@fchazz I can’t see if you’ve previously confirmed whether your launchpad buttons are momentary or toggle/latching? In the Gig Perfomer midi monitor, is CC value 0 received when you let go of the launchpad button, or is it received when you press the button a second time?

I have a Behringer X-Touch mini, and on the buttons that are set as a toggle, I can achieve the behaviour you are looking for. So I have to assume that if your launchpad buttons are actually set to toggle mode, then it should work as well.

Then it shouldn’t be reversed.

Did you do that?

Cc value 0 when I let go. I guess that means momentary. And appears to be no way to change them to latching on this mk2 model.

Yep. This may be the root of the issue. You need these buttons to be toggle mode, to match the behaviour on the GP side and for the Sync to work as expected.

I just tried using my X-Touch mini with the buttons set to momentary, and I couldn’t get them to light up correctly. But it all worked perfectly when they are set to toggle mode.

Depending on the result of the following test, we could perhaps synchronize with GPScript…

• put a widget LED button on a panel
  • enable its momentary to latching property
  • MIDI learn your Launchpad button
  • activate the MIDI sync option.

Then when you only act on the widget button (don’t touch the Launchpad), are the button LED and the Launchpad key LED synchronized ?

1 Like

No, the widget does not affect the launchpad button at all whith the values the are currently in place.

Why did you Midi Learn Note Off?
is that because Launchpad can anly send this kind of Messages?
You should really use CC Messages.

I cannot agree more! You talked about CCx 0/127…

sorry, I forgot I have to do that step while holding the button down.

maybe this changes everything.

This changes a lot, but not everything. Could you please configure your Launchpad to send CC messages rather than notes messages, this would change everything!

It is sending cc messages. Cc0 and cc127

According to your previous screenshot, no, it is sending note messages!

Ok 0 and 127 are the values, which CC Number does it send?

0 and 127. I was on a side button before. This screen shot is correct.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 11.30.23 AM

In your screenshot you’ve go CC104 0 when the launchpad button is released and CC104 127 when it is pressed, could you please confirm this for sure ?

If yes, if the launchpad behavior is momentary and the widget is “momentary to latching” enabled, you should have the following behavior:

• press the LP button and release it
    => it’s light goes ON and OFF when released
    => the widget button toggles
    So it isn’t not supposed to be reversed it suppose to toggles. It is what you get or do you have something different ?

Regarding the behavior of the LP button when you act on the GP widget button, you still didn’t indicate what happens when:

• you press the widget button
  • you release the widget button

Cc’s confirmed.
First when note blocking is on both lp and widget are lighted. (The lights always stay synced together)
Press and release LP button and note block is off and LP and widget lights are off.
Press LP again and note block is on again and LP and widget are lighted.

Press the widget again and it extinguishes along with LP and note block is off
Press the widget and it lights along with LP and note block is once again on.