New BLISS Resampler 1.5

BLIS Resampler 1.5 now available.
You can see the new feature in the short trailer on their website.
For me now it is the best resampler.
Samples are no longer stored as plugin state.
You should check it out.

How does it compare with Kontakt? Does it do direct from disk playback?

It is brand new, I have to check.
I used it to sample CPU intensive Instruments but save samples in plugin state was a no go.

Bliss doesn’t sample hardware modules. Any recommendation for sampling hardware? I wonder if Kontakt can sample hardware.

SampleRobot

Kontakt can’t sample at all.

SampleRobot can do it automatically. And with the new version 6.1 (currently in beta state) they’re adding VSTi plugin support so no annoying audio routing from another host is necessary anymore.

What does export to Kontakt do?
Create an instruments with all samples included and loops etc?

Yes, creates playable patches. With some limitations… I think release samples are not included automatically for instance.

BLISS exports SFZ which can be imported in Kontakt, but I am not happy with the loop points.
In BLISS it sounds just perfect and in Kontakt you hear the loop points …
The developer told that in future versions a direct stream from disk is planned.
What I really like in BLISS it the streamlined Interface and the flexibility when resampling a VST plugin
You can free define the range, for example you only need 8 keys - you can define this range.
And you can give ticks as sample length, so you don’t not have to calculate the time which depends on BPM

Can you export only the loop range as WAV or AIF to see what’s wrong with the loop points? Does BLISS maybe does a short crossfade between the Loop Out and In points and that’s why it sounds perfect in BLISS?

Does BLISS resample offline? The Sample Robot feature (at least at the moment) can only do it in real time which of course takes 10-15 minutes for sampling 61 keys chromatically…

Thanks for your input. SampleRobot looks good, but if I can find a less expensive alternative as I need to sample only a few patches in a unique module.

@olive I have mention this on other thread (free):

Sampling in BLISS is very fast, it is done not in realtime

Yeah, but it can only sample VSTs - it doesn’t send MIDI out like SampleRobot so you can’t sample hardware nor can you sample proprietary plugins.

You are absolutely right.

I have checked BLISS 1.8.0 and I have sampled a sound of Dune3, because Dune3 sometimes losts the settings, I 've mentioned that in another thread named Dune3 plugin

I used the sampled BLISS-sound instead of the original Dune3-sound and I was very suprised because the pitch of the sound depends on the velocity. When I play soft, the sound is out of tune, when I play hard, it is correct.

So I use a fixed velocity in GP 4 (110) and it works, but that only seems to be a simple workaround. I think, I’ve made a mistake in BLISS. Any idea what went wrong? Or could it be the sound in Dune 3, it is a normal factory sound, a motion pad?

Which Dune sound did you resample?
Did you resample with the standalone version of BLISS?

Soundbank DUNE 2 Factory Pads 004: Blue Fantasy EDT
At first I resampled in GP 4, then I’ve used the standalone version, same result.

I just did, cannot detect the issue

now sampled this
Soundbank DUNE 2 Factory Pads 004: Blue Fantasy EDT

no issue

MacOS or Win?

I did it this way on Win 10 (!): Bliss — VSTi Sampling - YouTube