Dune3 plugin

Wow — just tried the demo of Dune 3 — that’s a really nice plugin, I gotta say.

1 Like

Is it Production now?

I would not have mentioned it here if it wasn’t public😉

And you also have Dune 2 (which is an important part in my live template)…?

I’m a huge fan of Virus. Had a TI in the past. This would definitely give me that back.

Someone using Dune 3?

I use Dune 3, it is a very nice plugin, but sometimes the setting gets lost, as well in Win 10 as in MacOs. Sometimes means, that the sound works a few weeks and suddenly Dune 3 plays the first patch of the respective Soundbank. The bug can be reproduced after a longer period no matter whether it is GP 3 or GP 4.

I haven’t contacted the support yet.

I am using it, very excited.

Contact support,they are very responsive !

You mean the Hardware Virus?

I mean

I will try to sample the sounds with Bliss.

1 Like

I am using Dune 3 in GP3&4 for 5 months, great plugin indeed! No problems for me so far.

I did have a similar problem once with pianoteq. The cause was that I made a gig file on laptop A, and then loaded it to laptop B, which had a previous version of pianoteq installed. So apparently pianoteq jumps to the default patch when loaded with settings saved from a newer version.

Could this be the problem in your case as well?

Yes, I made a Gig file on my Windows PC and then transfered it to my MacBook Pro. But I think that is not the problem.

In my Gig File I have three rackspaces with Dune3 sounds, I save the Gig File, shut down the Windows PC or the MacBook Pro and after two hours or the next day there i no issue. But someday when I do not expect this my Dune-Sounds are suddenly reseted, I hear the first sound of the soundbank. This happens periodical, but only with Dune3. I have no idea why…

Short Update. After my vacation I opened my GigFile in Windows, the Dune3 sounds and Settings are correct. I opened my GigFile on my McBook, the settings are lost. I updated to Dune3, latest version: 3.41. Now the settings are lost immediately when I changed the rackspace - but only on my MacBook pro. I use the VST2, VST3 und AU-Version, the same behavior.

I am using Dune3 on Mac, did not notice any issue.

Yes, that is my apprehension, I fear that is my mistake…

For my understanding:
You have a rackspace with Dune 3, load a preset and maybe tweak it.
Then you switch to a different rackspace and switch back to the rackspace with Dune 3 and your previous tweaks are gone?

On my MacBook: yes!

I have a rackspace with some splits and different sounds from different VSTs. From D1 to D2 I have the sound “Dune 2 Factory SFX 029: Twist EDT”. I save the sound, play the song, choose the next rackspace, go back and I have the sound Dune 2 Factory SFX 001: Amoeba EDT from D1 to D2.

So I saved the “Dune 2 Factory SFX 029: Twist EDT” setting as User patch. There was a strange notification, that it is not the right folder and the same mistake again. I load the user soundpatch, save the GigFile, play the song, change the rackspace, go back and the sound is gone.

Why is it strange?

There is a folder for User Presets in Dune 3. On my Windows System Dune 3 uses this folder without problems. On my MacBook was the notification, that this is not the right folder and I have to change it. For me that is a strange notification, because I don’t know, what I have to to.

I will try to deinstall Dune 3 on my MacBook and make a new installation with the latest Update.

Yes, we moved the default folders for GP4 to better consolidate everything and allow favorites, etc

Once you move your old presets to the new folder, delete the old folder to stop the message.