My experience with GP

GP store only the current preset of a plugin as, let say, a “custom preset”. It is so because you can potentially modify this preset such that it would become different from the initial plugin preset whose original name wouldn’t fit the modification. When switching to the rackspace which contains this plugin preset, GP send it back to the plugin, probably without a name, such that it can be that the original default name is kept. Well nothing to worry about. Your plugin preset is supposed to be properly updated by GP.

It’s logical, I just thought a little differently. For example, if I wanted to use the same sound in another plug-in, I would just select it from a list. Now I will have to save first and then use it elsewhere. But that’s not a problem. Thank you for making it clear to me,

This would be really hazardous I think. I have different plugins that reproduce the same synth, but none of them share the same preset names.

It is automatically “saved”, once you chose a plugin preset in a rackspace, GP will keep it without doing anything special.

I thought when I wanted to copy a preset from one rackspace to another. I’m just trying to understand the philosophy of the system. Many thanks

Is it possible to use the undo function when editing?

Undo is not implemented yet.
In the script editor undo is possible.
When you delete for example a widget, undo is not available with the current release.

Maybe sometime in the future. Thanks.

Hi friends,
i use 2 windows 10 computers, i7 8 cores and i5 4 cores. I recently found that none of these computers distribute power evenly into the cores. One core goes for full performance and the others only for about 20 percent and CPU for 95 to 100 percent. It is normal? Can anyone advise how to deal with this? Many thanks.

You could use multiple instances of Gig Performer.

Hi Friends,
I bought a Super 8 analog synthesizer from Native instruments and when switching rackspaces / using Patch Persist /, where I have used this plugin, my Cpu will increase to maximum and after a while it will return to normal. Does anyone have a similar problem? Under these conditions, this plugin is unusable for me. Is it possible that my computer has insufficient performance?
Intel ® Core ™ i5 6500 CPU @ 3.20 GHz, Ram 32 GB, 64-bit system.
Many thanks.

I just tried with Super 8 and for the short time where the old sound is playing and the new rackspace is switched the CPU uses the sum of both sounds.
But as soon as I pay other notes the CPU goes down within seconds.
And the CPU was at this time at about 30-40%

What sounds did you use?

Maybe you can upload your used gig?

Hi, Paul, at number 1 I have a cpu at 55-60 cpu. After switching to no.2, it is at 100 cpu for a few seconds. After a few seconds it drops to 50-60. Z 2 to 3 detto.
Test Super 8.gig (2.4 MB)

What does the cpu in gig performer show?

When switching to a rackspace in which Super 8 is used, the CPU will jump to the maximum for a few seconds. I have the same problem with Hammond from IK Multimadia.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-05 um 14.57.16
This CPU?

Yes,In the upper right corner.

Do you get 100% without playing?
which version of GP are you using?

I have version 3.8.0. The CPU will jump to the maximum only when playing.

Mine jumps up to about 90% w hen switching presets while playing.

You are using one of the most CPU demanding plugins at the same time
Super 8, IK Multimedia, Massive X and demanding libraries in Kontakt
Now when you additionally use DIVA => your CPU explodes

what is a DIVA