Midi control of lights

Continuing the discussion from Synchronize Logic Pro X with GigPerformer:

I have a light controller with midi input so I use a script in gigperformer that sends a midi note to the controller when I change rackspaces or variation. The midi note changes scenes or chases.

You may need more control but this allows us to have better lighting w no light person and no extra work during the show.

I just found DMXIS wich can be controlled by simple note numbers on a specific midi channel.
So I will use the Toontrack Player EZPlayer pro which can load a midifile.
With start of the global play button this midiplayer (which is a plugin in GigPerformer) start in sync with the
global tempo and triggers presets and scenes.

In my gig I only use 1 rackspace and different variations for 1 song, so the toontrack player just runs and controls my light.

Similar I do with GrandJV which triggers videos, controlled by IAC driver on Mac.

You can take a look here: https://youtu.be/nl-V3553RVY

That’s a loop, isn’t it?

I dont know exactly what I need yet, but the best way would be to sync the light with a song.
In DAW no problem, but how to do it here?

I thought about a Step Sequenzer in Guitar Rig, but it is not sending Midi. Even if it would send midi, it also is only a loop then.

Is there somewhere a VST Plugin available for GP, which can send some basic but free programmable CCs or Notes in sync with the song (or even better with timecode like a video plug in) to that DMX PlugIn?

The toon track midi player mentioned in a previous post does not seem to available anymore. I send a midi note to the light controller on rackspace or variation change. Usually Im changing variation or rackspace when I go from verse to chorus. That’s how it changes w the music. This does make it static during the whole verse so I’d like to try triggering a midi player that could alternate slowly between 2 notes so that I found alternate between 2 light scenes such as sweeping moving head lights back and forth.

Do you know a midi player plugin?

Take a look at this thread, maybe you find a MIDI player in the archive.

PizMIDI plugins binaries for Mac and Windows

There is no MIDI player in this bundle, the only one found is here:
Midi files player

Unfortunately, as said in the post, it is very old and maybe it will not work with Mac.
I do not know if someone tried it with Mac.

As a workaround you could use scripting and use the on BeatChangedEvent.
I know this is not really elegant, but it can work.