How to use midi out

I’m a musician forced to be a geek if I want to use today’s music technology. I couldn’t make progress without the help of the guys on this forum. I’ve had amazing assistance over the time I’ve been using Gig Performer, and the patience and perseverance of the ones who have helped me has been so fantastic. Many, many thanks to this great family of GP USERS.

4 Likes

You are welcome :wink:

Hi dhj:
I have this realibanjo vst and its excellent. I’m using the guitar hero fender mustang guitar that has a button for each note on the fret board. As you read on this post to play a chord you have to press the root, the third and the 5th to played. I know that gigperformer has a template called
Keys - Knifonium Arp Wave Synth which is a AutoTriad. But the scriplet code is so complex. What I want is this, I want something that when I press a button on the guitar, GP4 will generated the the root, the third and the 5th so realibanjo can play the chord.

Thankyou

A scriptlet can do that.
What Note for example comes in and what should be generated?

You can also use a VST to generate that additional Notes
For example https://trackbout.com/ripchord

For example something like ripchord but with GP4
https://trackbout.com/ripchord

So you do not want use such a plugin, but GP4 should do that?
When the distance between the notes is fixed you can use 3 MIDI In Plugins in parallel and just transpose then 2nd and 3rd MIDI In Plugin.

Why can’t you use Ripchord? I use it all the time with GP these days

Excellent Idea but I want to use major chord and minor chord

I’ll test and let you know.

Thank you

And what determines Major and Minor Chords?
For each root note you could use 3 MIDI In Plugins with the correct note range (single note) and the tranposes :wink:

I thought somebody wrote a diatonic transposed scriptlet at one point. That was on my list but kept getting delayed due to focusing on underlying GP stuff!

Perhaps this could help?

Still don’t understand this term, as it doesn’t seem to mean the same for everybody (e.g. I understand the MuseScore meaning which seam to be different from what you mean).

But last time we spoke about this, it seems that the solution was here:

“Diatonic” means hat notes are transposed and then possibly adjusted to stay within the scale.

Example: if I am in the key of C Major and want to add the third, then pressing C gives me E, but pressing D gives me F, not F#

If I was in CMin then pressing C would give me Eb, not E

Edit: in other words, diatonic transpose uses scale degrees rather than chromatic

1 Like