Hanging notes on Gig Performer, please help

Yeah, btw. i was wrong with my assumption… learning a widget to a note OFF will also block the note ON, so in this case a note would just not be played but would get stuck… it seems that our devs did a proper job again to avoid such mistakes.

Please answer my questions: Is this happening in a special rackspace? If yes: Which one?
Do all notes get stuck? If not, which ones are affected?

It happens in every rackspace. If I play notes individually and stop, it is ok, buy if I play a chord, usually, one of the notes (none in particular) gets stuck (playing indefinetely)

Something stops all NOTE OFF messages arrive to GP.

The thing is that this does not happen on a standalone softsynth. Funny.

Deleting the rackspace won’t help if all your rackspaces have that widget with the learned noteOff

You need to stay on a single rackspace and get rid of that learned NoteOff assignment and see what happens

Why are you rebooting?

Thank you again. I just closed the GP and started it again.

The widget was only on this rackspace I deleted

Sorry for disturbing you. I got no idea what to do next

Hm… maybe you could try to disconnect all midi-in blocks that are not neccessary to play a note.
Maybe there is some interference between those many midi-in’s you are using.
Try to connect one MIDI-block after after each other, and play some chords after each change… maybe this will help you to find the culprit?

Now that I fixed the link, you should be able to open it. :wink:

Open the window that shows all the widget assignments

I already did. It is the basic midi connection (HXSTOMP) which also has the audio output.

Could I do something with what you mentioned about the widget I had with the note off option. I already deleted it but, maybe it persists in the system.

Don t know.

Do you mean the window MIDI ASSIGNEMENT LIST?

:slight_smile:

I don t use widgets now, it is empty.

Uninstalling and re installing GP would help?

Unlikely

But did you try running that standalone midi monitor to see what’s coming in?

I used it in GP and observed some NOTE OFF missing, that immediately caused a hanging note

In the standalone synth (Massive or Kontakt) all notes stop perfectly. I did not monitor it, but it sounds ok.

Please….run the standalone midi monitor. Don’t make assumptions, let’s actually try to see what’s going on

The notes may be stopping because AllNoteOff events are being sent. Let’s stop guessing and actually collect information

Sorry, how can I do this? I mean, if I play the standalone synth, how can I monitor midi messages?

Do they appear also on GP?

Hm… i had a closer look at your gig file to see which MIDI devices are in use…
There are the following devices in use:

• Line 6 HX Stomp
  • Vmini (i guess from Alesis?)
  • Nano Pad 2
  • Teensy MIDI

You never mentioned these other devices… and they all are sending on all channels to the same plugin (at least in the last rackspace)… i dare to say there might be room for disturbance.

1 Like