Hacks compilation

For Novation 61SL MkII users on Windows (source)

(this assumes that you’ve installed the Novation USB driver for the SL61)

The SL61 has a ‘hidden’ MIDI port which is used for sending MIDI messages when the keyboard is in AutoMap mode.

Here is a tip for Windows users: you can enable this port using Registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NvnUsbAudio\Parameters]
"DontHideAutomapPorts"=dword:00000001

Once you’ve added this Registry entry, you’ll be able to see the hidden port in Gig Performer:

1 Like

This tip is a hack on how to obtain a “Null” plugin (e.g. it doesn’t do anything) whose label (Name) can be edited to provide an organizational description for routing up to 32 signals (inputs or outputs) with variable width to other controls or plugins. In addition, it provides a visual status that it doesn’t do anything for easy reference and uses zero resources. See the discussion and photos (scroll through the entire topic for other photos and discussion) here - LINK

To see and read @celoranta 's complete setup that he uses for his band, Rocket Surgeons, make sure you check the link below to his description and more photos!

----> LINK

3 Likes

Yes, and thanks once again to @CruiseCycle for providing this tip to me in the first place!

I would like to see some tips regarding backups, especially with Windows as Time Machine is not available for this OS. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Tip number 10 (already in the first post) → [tip] File History and gig files

For the full backup (from the Ultimate Guide): Create a full system backup of working configuration

4 Likes

I missed this one (but it seems I am not alone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), many thanks!!

1 Like

Warning when laptop is on battery power

Link: Warning when laptop is on battery power

I used the free Battery Bar widget, which can be placed anywhere on the screen:

Link: https://community.gigperformer.com/t/see-laptop-charging-status-within-gp/12626/10?u=npudar

1 Like