Hacks compilation

@pianopaul @tripleB I just realized that: I tried stupidly by making a copy/paste without thinking … I forgot for a moment the saying : “think first, click later”
It works perfectly!
It’s magic - at least for me :wink:
Thank you very much Alexander, this will help me a lot as soon as I get the time to do it :beers:

2 Likes

After a second try to check, I specify that the name of the .gig file must not contain spaces otherwise it does not work. So you have to replace the space by a character of your choice.

@Hermon this is one way to do it, the other would be to use quotes :wink:

GPpyTools.exe "My Gig 123.gig"

Pure Windows magic :slight_smile:

Actually this is true on *nix as well (which includes both Linux and Mac, the latter’s OS is built on BSD Unix)

Thank you, it works fine on my WIndows PC but how does it work on Mac?

You can download the ‘GPpyTools’ for macOS or ‘GPpyTools.exe’ for Windows from the binary folder at GPpyTools (GitHub)

3 Likes

Yes, I have done so. And then? GPpyTools is no “exe” like in Windows. When I open it, there is only a document text.

I think you need python
https://docs.python.org/3/using/mac.html#how-to-run-a-python-script

@SirTommes so you downloaded the ‘GPpyTools’ from the binary folder? It’s currently in your download folder?

Open a Terminal, enter cd ~/Downloads if you now type ./GPpyToolsyou should at least see an instruction how to proceed…

Just put a copy of your gig-file also to the downloads folder and enter ./GPpyTools "your gigfile name.gig" and you should get a .xlsx file after some seconds…

Ahh, got the problem: after downloading from GitHub macOS blocks the GPpyTools application :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I need to figure out a solution… Any ideas from “real programmer” welcome

OK, here it is: after downloading move GPpyTools outside the Downloads folder (e.g. ~/temp).

Shift-right-click on GPpyTools and let macOS open GPpyTools (you have to allow macOS to open it!) - a new Terminal will open. Wait until GPpyTools finishes the first time.

You can now close this terminal, and proceed in your terminal.

Here’s what I just did after moving some content to my temp folder

Thank you, but no chance: zsh: permission denied: ./GPpyTools

I transfered my GigFile to windows and now I get an xlsx File.

Did you run chmod a+x to give the script permission to execute?

Thank you, that works, problem solved.

For Novation 61SL MkII users on Windows (source)

(this assumes that you’ve installed the Novation USB driver for the SL61)

The SL61 has a ‘hidden’ MIDI port which is used for sending MIDI messages when the keyboard is in AutoMap mode.

Here is a tip for Windows users: you can enable this port using Registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NvnUsbAudio\Parameters]
"DontHideAutomapPorts"=dword:00000001

Once you’ve added this Registry entry, you’ll be able to see the hidden port in Gig Performer:

1 Like

This tip is a hack on how to obtain a “Null” plugin (e.g. it doesn’t do anything) whose label (Name) can be edited to provide an organizational description for routing up to 32 signals (inputs or outputs) with variable width to other controls or plugins. In addition, it provides a visual status that it doesn’t do anything for easy reference and uses zero resources. See the discussion and photos (scroll through the entire topic for other photos and discussion) here - LINK

To see and read @celoranta 's complete setup that he uses for his band, Rocket Surgeons, make sure you check the link below to his description and more photos!

----> LINK

3 Likes

Yes, and thanks once again to @CruiseCycle for providing this tip to me in the first place!

I would like to see some tips regarding backups, especially with Windows as Time Machine is not available for this OS. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Tip number 10 (already in the first post) → [tip] File History and gig files

For the full backup (from the Ultimate Guide): Create a full system backup of working configuration

4 Likes

I missed this one (but it seems I am not alone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), many thanks!!

1 Like

Warning when laptop is on battery power

Link: Warning when laptop is on battery power

I used the free Battery Bar widget, which can be placed anywhere on the screen:

Link: https://community.gigperformer.com/t/see-laptop-charging-status-within-gp/12626/10?u=npudar

1 Like