[blog] About rackspaces and variations

Link: Gig Performer | Questions about rackspaces and variations

Other useful posts:

[1] You could have thousands of rackspaces - LINK

[2] Creating rackspaces along with Rig Manager aliases without a MIDI controller attached - LINK

[3] How to use GPScript to set explicit widget values in different variations - LINK

[4] A plugin in a non active rackspace might consume a certain amount of RAM but shouldn’t use much CPU power. Same as a bypassed plugin - LINK

[5] Is it better to use variations or rackspaces for your patch? → Solid tip to help you decide - LINK

[6] Putting the same plugin in multiple rackspaces does not significantly increase physical RAM because the DLLs are shared – only the instance data is duplicated. - Mute vs. BlockNoteOn for CPU Usage - #8 by dhj

[7] How to change the underlying MIDI Input device for all MIDI In Blocks in all Rackspaces → LINK

5 Likes

Useful post: Newbie to Gig Performer - #36 by Frank1119

Q: Is it possible that the CPU spikes occur in rackspaces that don’t have an instance of a faulty plugin in them?

A: It is possible that the plugin implementation has some other non-audio threads running, possibly running erroneously at high priority. Those would be running all the time, regardless of whether the plugin was in the active rackspace.

(source)

Q: I’m looking at gig and rackspace files; do I need all these widgets in my rackspaces?

A: LINK

1 Like