Yamaha Motif Rack

Hi everybody,
I’m new to GP and I know you can use hardware with it. My keyboard player has a Yamaha Motif rack and it can be connected by midi or USB.He’s going to bring it at the next rehearsal and I was wondering how I’m supposed to wire the sounds to GP ? Sorry if I’m not clear, I’m French-Canadian and I might be using the wrong words to describe what I want to do but basically I would like to assign different instruments like we do with plugins. I also have a Yamaha DTX-Multi 12 percussion pad and would like to do the same with percussion pads.
If you could tell me how to do this or at least steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate !!
Thank you,
Pierre

There are lots of videos on the Gig Performer Youtube channel so you can get started quickly.

For example:

Thank you very much,I will watch this carefully!!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

Sorry sometimes I don’t use the right terms.I want to use the different sound banks within the Motif Rack.Guitars,bass, keyboards etc …

And what should Gig Performer do?

Presumably send the appropriate PCs (and possibly bank select) messages out to the hardware synths

In that case, here’s a blog article: Gig Performer | How to send Program Change messages out to hardware devices and other applications

And don’t forget this fabulous Scriptlet and its program change learn function :innocent: :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply.Thank you , I will look at this and try to figure it out cause I’m not very familiar with all of this !!

Feel free to try it a bit by yourself and come back here if you need more help :wink:

1 Like