Windows 10 22H2

Wow…congrats on your perseverance

1 Like

In the GP Options > Display tab, what do you have your Graphics Engine set to? Have you tried adjusting that?

I’m not a Windows user, so this may have no relevance to the issue you were having.

1 Like

I know. To me this just looked like some driver is misbehaving, not a plugin issue.
Therefore, when you run it in Safe Mode, Gig Performer would open normally.

Thank you for sharing your solution. :beers:

2 Likes

@npudar I had something similar happen to me with the Native Access app. It wouldn’t connect and it would crash, and it was a graphics card issue. Moral of the story in the future is to ask people with this type of problem to start in safe mode and no gig files. Maybe another topic for the Hints and Tips???

Of course, share all your tips in this thread: [blog] Tips to troubleshoot your computer based setup

I’ve already compiled 10 of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems like its is not uncommon for NVIDIA graphics chips to cause a problem for GP users. If you are using your computer for audio, might as well save a couple hundred dollars and get a CPU with integrated graphics capability and avoid this issue. (I know this might no be so easy who want to use their laptop for high end graphics too).

@npudar OK, done and a photo. Over to you for indexing. Let me know by mail of it needs modification.

Charlie

-----> LINK

1 Like

@jeffn1 Yes, absolutely ---- unfortunately. My (cheap(est)) monitor that I use has a very noticeable ‘blink’ every once in a while with my NVidia monster graphics card, but I need that for other image and video work I do outside of my musical interests. It has been mentioned in several topics that users can save themselves money by using the on-chip graphics integration, but it’s not always an option.

1 Like

The utility WhoCrashed is very good for identifying bad drivers.

The “required” Windows 10 updates are a major problem. The Windows 10 21H2 update was forcibly installed on my Windows 10 laptop yesterday. Now, the machine won’t even boot. I’ve tried all the usual recovery steps but nothing works. I’m going to have to “reset” Windows. My biggest fear about that is having to reactivate licenses for GigPerformer, Ableton Live, and multiple Waves plug-ins.

Well, we can’t help you with Live or Waves but we’re here for you if there’s an issue with Gig Performer activation :slight_smile:

That’s why I forcibly disable the Windows Update.

Don’t have fear about this, there won’t be a problem with Gig Performer licensing (and even if it were, we’re here to help lightning fast).

2 Likes

Do you mean 22H2, not 21H2?

I completed the Windows 10 22H2 update on both my studio and gig laptops. Other than de-registering and re-registering Gig Performer the only other plugin I had to do this for is the GSi VB3-II which I had to do last time as well. Blue3 and Cherry Audio plugins are fine and don’t need to be de-activated and re-registered.

I ran into one glitch and I can’t remember if this happened last time. After the update, my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd generation) was no longer recognized by Gig Performer although the Focusrite Control came up. I downloaded the latest driver from the Focusrite web site. After I reinstalled the driver things started working again but I had to reset the sample rate and buffer size to what I use (44100 and 128 respectfully). For some reason in GP the buffer size defaulted to 480.