Widget Button/Slider Questions

All,

A few questions…

1. I want to make my own buttons using the Panel widget… which seems to work… however, it will not work as a ‘momentary to latching’ button. In my case I want to make mute and solo buttons. The button widgets do work this way but the Panel as a button only works as momentary switch. Is there a work around?

2. Is there a way to keep a button or a slider from displaying it’s mapping parameter status? If I know that a button or a slider is mapped to do something, I don’t need the status text to appear to tell me if I am muted or not… for instance.

3. Using the Rig Manager I created a controler value for my modulation wheel so that I could map it to a value in one of my VSTs, but I also want to map it to a second value in a different VST. I never need these to operate independently always as one but I can’t find a way other than to duplicate that widget and assign it to the same midi control from the rig manager and then assign it to the second desired plugin parameter, then hide the duplicated slider by stacking it on top of the first. Seems like there should be a cleaner way of doing this?

4. How do I get a button’s state to reflect as an illuminated button on my midi controller? I have tried ‘sync’ but the controller only illuminates when I press the button even if the resulting button is latching.

-bk

Try this

Give it the same Group, this makes it easier - but you cannot hide.

Another option yould be scripting.

2 Likes
  1. A panel cannot be pushed like a button, it is more a decorative element. But you can modify its transparency using its value parameter.
  2. You can customize the displayed label in the widget properties, you can even add the widget value field [value] in it, but you cannot make the value disappear during widget moves.
  3. @pianopaul proposed a nice solution.
  4. Not sure I understand your issue well enough to answer. Is it that, when you push a GP latching button the MIDI assigned controller button is lighted and goes off immediately when you releases the widget even it is still ON? By the way, what is the MIDI message used by the MIDI controller ?
1 Like

No… the Korg NanoKontroller2 has backlight buttons. When I press the mute button it glows while pressed and then stops as soon as it’s not. It would be great to see at a glance on my controller (er… “kontroller”… sigh) that a track is muted. The message it sends when depressed is CC 49 127 Channel 1 and when released CC 49 0 channel 1. The property the button is midi mapped to (through the rig manager and the widget) works and toggles latched and off as I want it to… but the Korg doesn’t stay illuminated.

It would be great if we had access to the mute and solo buttons in the widgets that appear in the built in mixer plugins.

Did you see this:

1 Like

This has nothing to do with panel widgets, but you can assign any parameter of the internal mixer plugin to GP widgets. I don’t understand your concern… :thinking:

1 Like

It’s an aesthetic concern :wink:

Here’s what I came up with to map to the Korg nanoKontrol2:

Took hours to layout and link up but it’s working and the nano’s panel lights reflect the mute/solo states of the channels. Top row knobs feed an aux bus (monitors) and faders feed my program out bus.

Basic in progress wiring for the master/program bus, the aux bus and the downstream gain controls (fader 8) for each bus.

1 Like

Here’s another couple of tricky widget questions…

How do you make a knob that only has fixed CC values at fixed positions… like a selector knob with physical detents? Values would be 18, 79, 36, 100, 58, 122 only. If this could infinitely turn, even better, like a 360 degree knob that would allow you to go from 122 back to 18.

Can you make a widget slider that transmits on two different midi channels? Slider would transmit a range on CC 1 from 0-127 but if it were in the middle position it would also send on CC 93 a value of 1 and if it were not in the middle position, a value of 0.

Thanks!

bk

Time for you to learn some scripting!

2 Likes