Korg nanoKONTROL2: Controlling Button Lights with Scripting

I’m brand new to Gig Performer and I’ve run into an issue that I cannot solve. I use a Korg nanoKONTROL2 with Gig Performer to control layers of sounds. I’ve setup widgets for sliders and buttons to control the mute operation of each layer. All of these functions work except for one important aspect: when I switch rackspaces I need the Mute button lights on the nanoKONTROL2 to be updated according to the initial state of the button widgets in the rackspace.

I’ve tried various options in the widget (e.g. Sync, momentary to latching) and nothing updates the button lights on the nanoKONTROL2. I read in an older post that controlling the lights would be possible with bi-directional MIDI support, and until that happens with the Script Editor.

Therefore, is there a way to accomplish this task without using scripting? If not, I need an example on how to send the appropriate command(s) to the nanoKONTROL2 for controlling the light on one of the Mute buttons. I’ve chosen the “on activate rackspace” callback template which I think is appropriate for this scenario.

I think I need to send a CC#n and value for each widget controlling each Mute button?

I am used to programming, therefore I just need an example of what API’s to use and how to accomplish this simple(?) task.

Thanks…

What can be seen in the global Midi Monitor when the Mute Buttons on the nanoKontrol2 are pressed?

I solved my problem. I neglected to turn on “External” control for the LED lights using the Korg Editor. Now with Sync in Gig Performer, the button light state is updated.

4 Likes