Waves sampler instruments such as "Electric88" or "Grand Rhapsody Piano" are not loaded when opening the project

Got this back from Waves - I told them that the issue in Mainstage exists.
I did that all, nothing changed…

Thank you for contacting Waves Tech Support.

I suggest a complete uninstall-reinstall of Waves to make sure all files are located in the right place.

Please back up the following folders:

• Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Data > IR1Impulses

• Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Data > IR1Impulses V2

• Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Data > Acoustics.net Impulses (if exists)

• Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Data > Instrument Data

First, uninstall:

1. Launch Waves Central.

2. Go to the Settings page in the bottom left corner.

3. Under Maintenance, look for Uninstall and click the drop-down menu.

4. Checkmark all the available version entries and click Uninstall.

5. Once done, go to Applications and remove the Waves folder.

6. In Finder, click on the Go menu while holding down [Alt/Option], click on Library > Preferences and send the Waves Preferences to the trash.

7. In the same Library folder go to Caches and send the Waves folder to the trash.

8. Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support and send the Waves folder to the trash.

9. Delete any WaveShell files you find in the following locations (if exist):

• Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > Components
  • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST
  • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST3
  • Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Plugins
  • Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins
  • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > WPAPI

Now to re-install:

1. Run Waves Central V12 and log in.
  2. Go to the Install Products page in the top left corner.
  3. Under My Products, checkmark the products you wish to install.
  4. Click Install on the bottom right.

Don’t forget to buy a new computer, write a new operating system, reboot 20 times and pray a little!!

4 Likes

And buy a new house !

2 Likes

Because I am curious what is going on:
Loaded a gig with 3 Rackspaces, each Grand Rhapsody.
Waited 5 seconds, and switched to the 2nd racksace
Waited 5 second and switched to the 3rd rackspace
Waited 5 second and switched to the 1st rackspace

And now when I play notes and switch between rackspaces no delay in sound.

Seems that samples are loaded 1st time when the rackspace is activated.

That brings me to an idea (maybe stupid because a plugin itself should do that):
Would it be possibly that a plugin is activated during load or rackspaces like it seems to be activated when the rackspace is switched?

I tried with a script to play a note in the initialization event, but did not work,

1 Like

They got a mainstage concert fron me and they try to reproduce (I am sure they can reproduce the issue).
But maybe they say “Works as designed”…
That would be a shame since other sample based instruments like Kontakt or UVI workstation do not face this issue.

@Angelo When you like electric88, why not resample it?

My impression is that while loading rackspaces the plugins are not called but not activated.

I already know from the outset that I would not have the same practicality of the plugin such as the fact of being able to change the formant of the sound in realtime (and this already changes the original sound a lot) in addition to the internal mixer in which it goes to add the Tines sounds , Key up and mechanical to the base sample.

It seems you are expecting more from the plugin than from a real Wurly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I certainly expect more from the plugin – for one thing, it’s much lighter!

4 Likes

Now I got a feedback from Waves, they could reproduce in Mainstage (so really no issue in Gig Performer), this - at least for me - is no solution!

Please note that I was able to reproduce this behavior on our test machine. It seems that Grand Rhapsody Piano needs to few seconds to load its samples every time you launch the Concert in Main Stage.

**​**

Also, note that when installing the product you can choose whether you prefer a High Defenition (HD) and/or a Standard Defenition (SD) sample libraries.

The SD library demands less storage space due to its compressed audio samples in comparison to the uncompressed samples of the HD library, which takes more space on the system, but loads faster.

I would suggest trying the HD library and test if the samples load faster.

To do so, please [**download**](https://www.waves.com/downloads/sample-libraries) it from our website and follow the installation instructions located mentioned.
1 Like

Yes, because this plugin is a Rhodes VST

1 Like

Someone should point out this problem was found in Gig Performer.

They probably don’t view it as much of a problem, because in 99% of case usage, it isn’t.

If one were using the instrument in a studio setting, the initial loading time of the samples is irrelevant.

If one were using the standalone (or plugin in a standard ‘always-on’ DAW setting) for live usage, the sample loading time would also be irrelevant as that would all be taken care of by the time a sound check was finished (or the time between songs).

‘Always-on’ applications of the instruments don’t face any issues with this initial sample loading time, and that’s how most people use these virtual instruments. GP creates a different paradigm, and that in itself exposes a deficiency in using the Waves sampler instruments for that paradigm.

That may be but they can’t have it both ways. They claim that they support MS but MS has exactly the same problem so what does it mean to be supported? Also, I would observe that there are plenty of other sample-based plugins out there that do not have this issue.

2 Likes

Oh, I agree with you. Was simply pointing out that the issue is an edge case for them.
It’s also worth pointing out that they currently value their virtual instruments at around $35, which says all it needs to say about how much they would end up supporting them.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. This is not a solution, but proof that there is a problem with activating sample loading …
If they tell me … use the smallest sampler library so it loads first … then either they want to make fun of them or they don’t quite understand what you are asking them …

True :smile:

… waves’ Wurlitzer is this

1 Like

If you mean Waves support, this has been done, see my report on this January 6th tread

I think your analysis is correct, only the GP developers can give us a confirmation

I have the Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection byndle which costs 199 $ (discounted) and there are not few, and all the instruments of this bundle that work with sampling have this problem :rage:.
I think Waves’ closure towards its customers is really painful, maybe if your name is Chris Lord-Alge they’ll fix it for you …