Waves sampler instruments such as "Electric88" or "Grand Rhapsody Piano" are not loaded when opening the project

How does your Plugin Manager Window look like for the Waves Instruments?

I installed the Demo Version of Rhapsody and made a small gig.
And it looks like I can reproduce

Please load the attached gig and try.
Rhapsody.gig (14.0 KB)

And now I tried with Mainstage, same situation - even worse.
So for me that is no fault of Gig performer, it is the behaviour of the Waves instruments.

You should contact Waves, here is the Mainstage concert:
Waves_TW.zip (177.1 KB)

Hi Paul, I have tried on both Cubase and Ableton and I can confirm that I do not find the problem.

gig project returns plugin not found. Probably due to the fact that the path to the plugin is different on my PC. I also saw that you didn’t use the vst3 format, do you think this could be the problem?

Could be, just replace the plugin by that you installed.

I think the issue with the Waves Instruments is that they do not support the way Gig Performer uses plugins.

Only Waves can analyze.

I asked the forum for support, but I could bet 100 euros that a solution will not be found :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi, I report the Waves support response after the threat of not buying more plugins and updates.
"Thank you for your feedback Angelo.
I’ll make sure to forward it to the relevant personnel here at Waves as a feature request.

Please note that we do support a vast amount of hosts with our products, as listed in our Supported Hosts page. Unfortunately Gig Performer is not one of them, and we do not have the knowledgebase to assist with issues that might occur on this software.

If you wish to implement Waves plugins in your workflow, consider using one of the supported DAW’s that can also give you a variety of solutions for live performance, such as Ableton Live for example."

I don’t think it’s correct for support to forward the report as a feature request since we’re talking about a bug, correct?

Do you think Waves needs your support to investigate the problem, will it be available?

Did you send them the MainStage file?

The bug is not only in Gig Performer.

Uh yeah, which is why we wrote this KB article about our not recommending Waves plugins. We have tried several times to work with them, they don’t seem to give a damn.

The good news is that our friends over at Plugin Alliance have some amazing plugins that can, as far as we can tell, replace many Wave plugins and they work wonderfully well.

1 Like

I will contact them tomorrow as the issue in MainStage is even worse.
And when they support Logic, then MainStage should be support too…

Meh…switch to Plugin Alliance plugins!

You are right, but here the usage of an instrument is not possible
and Plugin Alliance does not offer an Acoustic Piano.

I just did it, there are communications on this link

Let’s see what happens …

2 Likes

True – but there is no shortage of Acoustic Piano plugins, expensive, cheap or free!!!

Also remember that licensed Gig Performer users can get a 10% discount on any of the Pianoteq plugins so there’s that!

Understand, I also do no use Waves instruments live - I just wanted to help @Angelo.

I am curious what they say about MainStage.

1 Like

With regret, I still have to tell you that I have applied through this site but have not been contacted by Moddart. In the end I bought standard pianoteq anyway and I’m very happy with it.

In particular I’m the instrument that interests me the most and electric88, it has a rhodes sound that I love, I have other electric pianos but they don’t sound like this.