VST stops updating widget

With Kontakt 7 there is no VST version.

Now I built a completely new gig and the issue does not occur anymore.

So what’s the conclusion? :thinking:
When does this bug in Kontakt 7 manifest?

Hi. It does for me with a new gig.

I disagree that it is a bug in Kontakt. I’ve mentioned that this happens with other VSTs.

Kontakt.gig (154.2 KB)
when I load this gig file while setlist mode is active, the issue occurs.
when gp is in panel view and this gigfile is loaded, the issue does not occur.

Unfortunately that’s not really proof of anything other than there can be bugs in more than one plugin! Kontakt 7, for example, is notoriously buggy, I’m staying on Kontakt 6 for all my live performance shows. And to be blunt, just because a company is big or well known, that doesn’t mean their plugins are bug free. We’ve found some gems in the past from major companies (but most of them fix the issues when reported so not naming them)

Not saying that there is not a bug in GP - nothing is bug free — but others are reporting that it works fine.

More investigation is necessary.

when predictive load is disabled, the issue does not occur even when loaded while gp is in setlist mode.

Brilliant. Looks like you found why some are getting different results. Yes - if I start in panel view, it works - both in panel or setlist.
So have a workaround for now. Thank you.
Should I go back to support now for them to look at it?

Good to know. Predictive loading (and patch sustain/audio tail) is very important for me. Can have hundreds of different patches for a show (musical theatre) with some sections having a patch change every few seconds

No….”support” has been in the discussion :grinning:

4 Likes

I cannot replay the issue, but I might have forgotten an important step. But what I do notice is the chameleon-warning during changing songs (with predictive loading enabled). When the plugin is loaded the warning disappears.

Update: this happens only if a widget is attached to the ‘Open/Close Plugin Editor’ of the plugin and the value of this widget is set to 100.0 (open the editor)

And it would seem we have an issue with predictive loading — that’s a great clue.

1 Like

Hi,
this sounds familiar to me. I described a similar problem in this post:

Song switching and predictive loading - General discussion about Gig Performer - Gig Performer Community

Mabe it´s the same reason for your issue.

Greetings
Engelbert

Thank you to everyone who has contributed. I think I can now summarise the issue as:

When Predictive mode is enabled and parameters in a VST instrument are mapped to a widget, the widget does not get updated when the parameter is changed on a particular rack, unless all of these conditions are true:

a) GP is not started in Setlist mode (ie. it is started in Wiring or Panels view),
b) the rack was one of the racks loaded by predictive loading in the initial batch when GP started, and
c) the rack has not been unloaded by predictive loading and then reloaded (such as would happen if you went forwards enough racks to cause the original rack to get unloaded by predictive loading, and then back to the original rack.