VST-PlugIns are not recognized

Hi,
all my VST PlugIns in the Plugin-Manager are red, f.e. “NumerologyVST.vst” - Deactivated after failing to initialize correctly -. It is the newest version and 64 bit.
(have troubble to upload a screenshot…).

Regards
||> Klangschmied

We will download NumerologyVST and see what’s going on. What other plugins are red? Also, which version of GP are you running?

Hi David,
all my VST-PlugIns are red, some are in 32 bit mode, but some are in 64 bit.
Download today GP (v1.0.4), also it is authorised.

What are your other 64-VST-plugins that are failing? We’re looking at Numerology right now, it’s definitely doing something funky during validation, we’ll figure it out!

What are your other 64-VST-plugins that are failing? We’re looking at Numerology right now, it’s definitely doing something funky during validation, we’ll figure it out!

ValhallaVintageVerb_64
UVIWorkstation
MH Bundle
AAS - LoungeLizard EP-4

etc.

by the way, is there an app to sort PlugIns in 32 or 64 bit ?

There’s definitely an issue with Numerology and we’ll develop a workaround ASAP.

Doing some tests on my Mac, AAS LoungeLizard definitely works — I use that thing every day.
I have UVI Falcon and it also works fine. But as far as I’m aware, UVI Workstation is an application (a host, like Gig Performer, though not focused on live performance :slight_smile: rather than a plugin and so I wouldn’t expect it to work.

I just downloaded ValhallaVintageVerb demo and it seems to work fine as well.

Are you on a Mac or on Windows?

Can you try opening the plugin manager (Windows | Plugin Manager), select ALL plugins, then delete them using the DELETE key and then rescan your entire system?

If you’re on a mac, there is a command line utility called lipo that can be used to determine whether any file is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Thanks David for your ongoing support

• I am on Mac OS 10.10.5
  • UVI workstation has a UVIWorktstionVST.vst
  • after deleting the red entries and rescan, I see the 64 bit VSTs activate ! Good.

Beside: in PlugIn manager press the Fornmat button give jumping results…(no ordering VST or Audiounit)
One question: What is the preferred habit on OS X: use VSTs or Audiounits?

All the Best
Klangschmied

ok – we will check into UVI Workstation

Also, this morning, we figured out why Numerology wasn’t being scanned and that is now fixed (they are doing something really strange during validation) and will be in our next update (probably sometime next week)

Also, the issue with your red entries is in fact fixed in 1.0.4 but the fix only applies “going forward” so once you deleted all red entries and rescanned, you should be good to go and updated plugins will properly get rescanned.

@ David
Thanks a lot!

Klangschmied, we have just released version 1.0.5 which, among other things, addresses the problem with validating Numerology. Turns out the problem is actually due to a bug in Numerology which they will fix in their next release but we developed a workaround so it should work normally now in Gig Performer.

Thanks David,
but it is still not detected (newest version 170 0f Numerology).

Check the following KB article please.

/gig-performer-didnt-find-my-plugin

We have that specific version working here

Following your advice/ article, now the NumerologyVST/AU is recognized !
Thanks a lot.

Great - enjoy!

I just installed the UVI Workstation and it is detected by Gig Performer and loads just fine

I apologize to resurrect this post but I purchased Gig Performer this morning and installed it. I am also curious to one question raised in this thread about if you have the opinion that AU or VST are preferred to be used by a host for the same plugin? Which plugin format is more efficient?

Thank you,
Dominick

No worries — we appreciate your committing to Gig Performer. I don’t really have a good answer to that one. Personally I tend to use VSTs rather than AUs just in case I might ever want to run on a Windows machine, less work to do assuming the VSTs exist on Windows as well.

Generally, if a company releases a plugin in multiple formats then the underlying code is probably the same in all of them, they’re just wrapped differently to obey the particular plugin spec.

Hi. I wasn’t sure if I should start a new thread or tack on to this one. I’m having the same problem with Gig Performer 2. All of my VSTs and VST3s show up in red. I will try to delete them and re-scan, but wanted to check with you also.

Thanks,

J

Were you previously using Gig Performer 1 and this just happened with GP2 or are you a new GP 2 user?