VST-PlugIns are not recognized

I was previously using GP1 and upgraded to GP2. I think I have most of them working now. After removing the failed plug-ins, rebooting, and re-scanning, most of them are functional.

Here is a list of plug-ins that fail.

I think the vast majority of the plug-ins that failed might be 32-bit. That makes sense and is fine. I’m not sure about the top 4 AUs. Have not idea what those are. Another curious thing is the WaveShell VST3 failure.

32-bit plugins definitely won’t work — but I’m not sure I understand why your previously validated plugins didn’t stay validated. Is there any chance you installed GP2 with a different name or as a different user? I assume you ARE on a Mac, given you posted in this particular forum.

As for WaveShell, do make sure you have the very latest version. There are some known issues with the VST3 version of WaveShell and we’re working with Waves to get this resolved, it’s as yet unclear as to why there is a problem. However, it SHOULD validate with no problem.

Yes, I’m on a Mac. No, I would have installed GP2 under the same user account. I do have 2 accounts (one for my day job and one for audio), but I would have installed GP2 only under the audio account. I just updated my Waves plug-ins over the weekend so I know I have the latest. I can work around it for the time being especially since I was never able to use the VST3 before! :slight_smile:

Ah, that may explain it. One thing Waves does (and we’re not sure why) is change the names of things when they upgrade. Have you tried deleting the older Waves plugin and THEN revalidating?

updated my Waves plug-ins