Using GP to create an unlimited guitar modeller

Nice! thanks!

Also love the natural necks, and tried one while a rep brought his into a music store I worked at back in 2000. He had a custom C-neck with scalloped frets. It was like butter.

It’s instances of a plugin, with the sole purpose of one effect in a paralel setup. This way, it’s possible to enable / disable the effect everywhere in the preset, with spillover effect and seperate eq and and panning control of the single effect.

I’ll share the gig file when I get home.

so parallel instances of the plugins Shimmer amd Icicle?

1 Like

What’s the 3rd knob on the Squier for?

3rd knob on my squier is a blend control, for mixing in either the neck og bridge pickup, depending on which pickup is selected. Its a Mojotone Quietcoil 58 loaded pickguard setup. Im uploading the gig file to forum in 5 minutes.

Here’s Jesper’s gig file → LINK

Have you an idee of the budget required for plugins?

The star of the show is the Gig Performer and the routing.

You could use only the free stuff, like valhalla supermassive, spacemodulator, nam and tonex. That could get you 90 % of the way, for FREE! That’s the true beauty of this. Gig Performer is a very useful tool.

The paid plugins are bells and whistles.

That said, valhalla delay and verb for 50$ each, make a difference. Honestly, I could go by without the NeuralDSP stuff just fine, and those are what cost the most.

2 Likes

great article and writeup , pictures are also superb , but how about the rig setup with the MacBook the interface and the midi foot pedals , how do you set this up , transport it around etc , let’s see the RIG !

Thanks !!

1 Like

Consider actually we in the Black Friday time, so you can get many plugins at half the price…

Anyway do you feel that with gig performer you can add an external delay and reverb to for example Neular dsp plugins? without any issue? or do you have any raccomendation for getting it work fine?
I used GP for using different NDSP plugins together (for example SLO plugin with cory wong reverb) but I dind’t like it…

You asked for pictures, here they are! :slight_smile:

See my midicontroller has analog “ScribbleStrips”. :slight_smile:

As far as to how i feel GP can add external delays and reverbs; yes, absolutely. That, and to combine the best from different NDSP plugins, was the goal. It turned out it was absolutely KILLER for that purpose.

In the next week or so, i will make two things to update the posts:

1 - I will make the gig file prettier, more refined, put buttons in the right places.

2 - I will make a version, using ONLY free plugins.

See ya on the other side.

Br Jesper.

6 Likes

Work in progress.

8 Likes

This is art in its own way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

New Guitar Day.

PRS DGT SE. Gigged it this weekend with this gorgeous GP setup:

10 Likes

Nice :beers: