Using GP 4 with multiple backing/click tracks

Hello!
I’m rather new to GP4 and have a question about using it with Audioplayer on several songs.
I am part of a project where we have 20 songs where each of them has clicks and backing tracks.
Allmost every song needs more than one rackspace.
What is the best way to set up GP for this purpose?
I have a global rackspace with a audio player routet to “To Rackspaces” plugin
I got a “from global rackspace” plugin in my regular rackspace and routing that to my audio interface output.
I can now hear the backingtracks even if i go to a new rackspace.
But what to do when Song nr 1 is finnished and i want to start the next one? Thers just one global rackspace?
Do i need 20 audio player plugins in the global rackspace? And, how do i trigger the right audioplayer with the right song?
This is allmost impossible for me to explain due to my lack of knowledge of GP4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

My suggestion would be to actually create another GP instance just to play your backing tracks. You can then also enable predictive loading in that instance which will allow you to have any number of songs without using a lot of memory.

I’d set up one rackspace per song.

Tanks for answer.
I’m currently using a Roland Fantom 7 and the Fantoms audio interface only suppert a single instance of ASIO client, so i can’t use another Instance. Offcourse i can use my RME, but i want to optimize my workflow :slight_smile:
So what i did on my latest rehersal was to use just one Rackspace per song as you recommended. And that method worked great if i just had a “easy” sound setup without changing presets.
Some of our song have maybe 10 or more patch changes. What i did was to make variations and then mute the patches from one variation to another. Are there any ways to get similar things like patch persist? Or another way to avoid sudden mute of instrument when changing variation? Variations work great on organ patches :slight_smile:

Fantom audio interface = backup low-cost audio interface
RME = high-end audio interface
Optimizing don’t mean for you to use the best?

Thank you so much!
I’m looking forward to check this out! :slight_smile:
About the Fantom Audio Interface vs UFX+. I know that the RME is complete another legaue.
I guess it has something to do with my lazyness. I LOVE to plug everything just out of my Fantom. Exept for my other synths offcourse. Were talking gigs/live scenarios now. Not in studio.
My internal sounds and my plugins from GP are routed to Fantom main output, the backing tracks from sub output 1 and 2 and the click from output 5. Just have to find the right workflow (maybe i’m close now) and that would be perfect.
From the PA, the audiences cant hear the difference, and the latency is great.

“Many Gig Performer users build rackspaces in which they use button widgets to bypass/unbypass intrument plugins differently in the variations. With that approach it can be unsafe to change the variations while playing, i.e. the benefit of patch persist is lost.”

Thats what im doing now hehe

1 Like

Are you sure you have the correct Fantom drivers installed?

It borders on unbelievable to me that Roland would not provide a multi-client ASIO driver for the Fantom 7. Roland has had multiclient ASIO drivers for years. I can’t imagine they would use crippled drivers for their leading edge synths.

Somewhere inside the Fantom menus there will be a USB driver setting that must be set to VENDOR so it will use the Roland driver rather than the standard Windows “universal” drivers.

Once in a while Windows will be dumb and not find the Roland driver when it searches online and it will give up. (This has happened to me with my TD-25). If that happens, you can email Roland support, explain the problem, and they’ll email you the driver that Microsoft isn’t automatically finding for whatever reason.