Transpose without All Notes Off

In my Rackspaces I have transpose up- and transpose down-Buttons which are related to the MIDI In(Omni)-Plugins transpose up/down cammands. It seems, that calling transpose up/down also sends a “All Notes Off”-command. Is it possible in some way, to transpose without “All Notes Off”, so that the Transpose-Command effects only all new Notes after the transpose-command?

And what to do with the old sent notes, you will get hanging notes.

The way it is done in GP is to give you the maximum protection against stuck notes. e.g. you play a C3 Note On, before releasing the key you transpose by +2 and you will release the key producing a D3 Note Off and the C3 will play forever… That’s why Notes Off messages are sent.

If I remember well I made a transpose Scriptlet which should be able to do what you want. It should be in the following rackspace:

Use it at your own risks :wink:

No, this Notes should only be switched off at the Moment the keys are released.

What is the use case to use global transpose while playing?

Even if my Scriptlet should do what you want, a much much easier solution would be to duplicate your rackspace with different transposes and use patch persist for the transition.

1 Like

Sometimes we have songs with one or two transposes within the song. I dont want to play always the transpose by hand, when it causes a for me difficult to play Key. So I want to play further in the original key and transpose by button.

Then you should do the thing with different rackspaces with patch persist enabled.