The Virtual Pedalboard hits the stage

Another marvelous Backstage episode.
Great playing, humor, and demonstration. A must-watch :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very kind!

here are some close-ups of the panels in The Virtual Pedalboard v2
text colour in GP4.5 has transformed the possibilities and I’m much happier with the results.

happy to answer any Qs in this thread or a PM

10 Likes

These are just wild!

Brett: What can we see here?
Alistair: Hours

:rofl:

(from the stream)

2 Likes

Hi,
Awesome and inspiring setup!
I made a separate post asking questions about if its possible to move sungle pedals from rackspace ti rackspace, whats your workflow with that? Can the be copied between gig files?
I watched the excellent backstage youtube video just now, great content, and i noticed you using smaller pedalboards for different projects, im assuming you are not making the panels every time, but is there a way to copy both the pedals and all underlying vst/wires related to just that pedal, or is there more manual labour involved?

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I saw your other Question first, a reply awaits you.
Yes for the smaller boards I start by dropping the Virtual Pedalboard panel into the gig and copy the panel(s) with the appropriate pedals into the new rackspace. Then I’ll copy the vsts from VP into the new rackspace. (although I could use ‘favourites’ to accomplish this)
Next copy the pedals I need onto a blank panel, drag them into place. Then it’s just wire the vst pedals together and assign the widgets I really need to midi control live, or tweak in a rehearsal/soundcheck. In a gig there is no tweaking!

Al

Wow! really well done. I need time to assimilate. LOL!

3 Likes

What are you using for the HM-2 emulation? Seems like a difficult pedal to emulate.

1 Like

Fortunately this one is out there for the finding :slight_smile:

Currently using Audiority Heavy Pedal MkII

(it’s on sale right now)

previously used Metal Distortion 2 in Amplitube

The exact same story is true of the Marshall Guv’nor Pedal emulation used for my Vein Tap Dark Triad (Marshall Guv’nor clone). First in Amplitube, then Audiority.

Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 11.47.09 am

3 Likes

Gig Performer on stage last night with Seriously Collins - Phil Collins Tribute & Genesis Tribute.

3 Likes

Alistair’s review of a new custom fonts feature in Gig Performer v4.7

Link: Alistair Begg Reveals The Power of Custom Fonts In Gig Performer 4.7

3 Likes