Alistair Begg Reveals The Power of Custom Fonts In Gig Performer 4.7

Hey All!

Alistair Begg took time his time and expertise to share with us how he is using the new custom fonts feature coming soon to Gig Performer 4.7 to craft exceptional panel emulations of his favorite hardware inside Gig Performer.

You can check out his tutorial, and walkthrough of his authentic virtual pedalboard here!

7 Likes

To find out more about Alistair, click here: The Virtual Pedalboard hits the stage

1 Like

Is Alistair is his real name or is it Alice (from Wonderland)? :astonished:
I saw that he went through the looking glass (the room he is in was reversed between the beginning and end of the video).

Well done for this excellent work and presentation, which will delight many people (even if I am not one of them, but I find it very realistic :wink:).

1 Like

Hello,
this new font selector is an excellent news bravo and thank you for listening to your customer :heartbeat:

But… may I suggest a couple of “small improvement” for the font choser if possible ?

• It would be even better IMHO if you could add please a text field just below the font list where we could type some text in order to filter the font names.As if someone got a huge list of fonts this could simplify the font search .
  • Ideally if you could also please add a small preview of the selected font with the applied font style attributes (bold , italic, size) it would be also a really cool thing… Unless changing font attributes in the dialog could be applied in real time to the edited label in the panel as kind a wysiwyg feature which would be even better :slightly_smiling_face:

As “a picture is worth 1000 words” , here is a screen capture of what I had in mind .(as my English is terrible)
It is showing a textfield below a font list used to filter locally available system font names and a (quick and dirty) preview panel :
GP-fonts-001

It is of course only a suggestion; If you think that it is something feasible thanks in advance for considering it.
Hope this help.
Cheers, Eric

by viewing again the video it seems that the font changes are directly applied to the label (sorry for my mistake) => please forgot the “font viewer” suggestion then in my above comment thanks.

Viewing the “layer trick” at the end of the video made me think that another cool thing could be to add a gradient support between two (or more :upside_down_face:) colors for panel and widgets backgrounds in general and also add the possibility to import images / icons (e.g. trademarks logos) in a label or to be used as panel/label/shape background in order to simulate metalic background using seamless images

Here is how it looks like in a very old version of Paint Shop Pro:
GP-color-002

Cheers, eric