Sync Widget Drawbars to Kontakt B3

I thought there was a post to refer to but I can’t find it.

Is there a script or anything that would update or sync drawbar widgets to the Drawbars in Kontakt’s Vintage Organs?

The main issue being having a widget for the VO Presets. While the drawbars in Kontakt change - the GP3 Drawbar Widgets do not.

Sometimes forgotten - look for (and Enable) Host Automation in Kontakt?
I think that’s it…

I do have the midi control mapped to the Kontakt drawbars. My problem is the widgets do not update to adjustments done to the drawbars in Kontakt as shown in this video:

Forget MIDI control, use host automation it will solve your problem.

That is what I’m using as shown in the video (Highlighted in Kontakt)

MIDI control is not host automation. :thinking:

Wait I need my glasses… :nerd_face:

Sorry to be confusing. I was referring to the Midi controller Mapped to the widgets - which are mapped to the Kontakt drawbars in Host Automation

Hmm, I just mapped the lower manual on Kontakt Vintage organ to widgets and it seems to work fine

That’s amazing. I wonder what setting I have wrong. Very Frustrating. Nice to know it CAN be done - thanks!

I just tested too and it works perfectly when moving a drawbar in Kontakt, it moves also in GP. But when you change a present in Kontak, it doesn’t update the drawbars via host automation, so no way to update the GP drawbar this way.

ah - too bad - oh well. thank you both for checking

Hmm, I wonder if we could have some kind of mechanism to explicitly request current parameter values for a plugin. That way, if the preset change is triggered by Gig Performer, then we could ask for parameter values. This would be used for plugins thst don’t automatically send the updates automatically

5 Likes

That would be great :+1:

I ran into the same situation, when building a rackspace with my Arturia B3. Everything fine: drawbars etc. are mapped and responding. However when I change a Preset in the B3 plug-in the GP Drawbars etc. do not get updated?!

As a workaround I figured out, that I can trigger an update by selecting Preset01 in the GP Plugin Manager?! The Arturia preset stays the same, GP drawbars get updated and everything is fine.

So basically there is an update mechanism, but no dedicated (manual) sync…

BBB

Just tested with Arturia B3-V2: When I change the preset in the plugin all mapped drawbar widgets get synchronized.
But I am on Mac

And now tested B3 (the 1st version), also widgets get synchronized when preset is changed.

@pianopaul I’m also on a Mac (Big Sur, latest Arturia Release, AU Plugin).

How do you change the Presets? I can either go with the arrow keys in the Arturia Library bar on top of the plugin window, or select a setting in the Library. I can hear the sound change, drawbars in the plugin chang, but the drawbars in GP stay at their position. I can even hit one of the black keys in the plugin - same thing.

If I now click on the … item on the top right of the Plugin Window click on Build-In Presets → ProgramChange01 (or any other) the GP drawbars get updated without changing the sound…

I can select from he list or use the up/down arrows, everything works and widgets get synchronized.
I am on Catalina and used the vst version
now tested au version, is working

Just made a small demo:

I see the issue, but when I do the same it is working.