Match widgets to preset changes

I have used your gig and added one widget — works as expected.

i have deleted LL from my gig and add it again and mapped the Hammer / Fork / Amp controls ----- NOT working !! :crazy_face:

I added both gigs with the done changes:

GP4 Widget Mapping(2).gig (623.7 KB)

LL(2).gig (38.9 KB)

@Charly you used the VST3 version, and @pianopaul used the VST2. There can sometimes be these sorts of differences between plugin types.

A VST is supposed to report parameter changes to the host. It sounds like the VST3 version of LL is not doing that on a patch change.

And AU is also not doing that.
Just tried.

Maybe we should contact AAS?

I tested with and elder version 4.1 VST, was working

Now 4.4.1 is not working at all.
When the widget is moved the plugin parameter is also.
But moving the plugin parameter sends no feedback to the widget: VST/VST3/AU

I just contacted AAS

When they contact me, I have top clearly show them, maybe I make a Zoom session

1 Like

I get the same thing happening with S-Gear. VST3 version will often not update widgets if you change the preset within S-Gear. AU plugin version works fine every time.

I recall having had the same issue with the Arturia B-3V organ…
Meanwhile there is the B-3V 2 and i changed to Blue3… i don’t know if the problem still persists - i guess i should check that. :slight_smile:

Blue3 is working fine.
I mapped volume to a widget and when I select another preset in Blue3 and the volume changes then the widget is moved also.

Thanks … for all the support and I’m happy that the problem is not sitting in front of the Mac. :grinning:

It was not a typical 90/60 error :wink:

I refer to these as ID Ten T problems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I still have a question / need a bit of education:

I assume that the Gig File includes all the gig related information BUT NOT the VSTs.

If this is correct - i should not be able to add a second widget to the gig from pianopaul and make it work with the preset changes due to the different LL EP4 versions ?

The Gig File stores the state of plugins and the reference to the plugin itself.
The VST itself is not included.

Therefore you see the Chamaeleon plugin when a VST or AU is missing.

If this is correct - i should not be able to add a second widget to the gig from pianopaul and make it work with the preset changes due to the different LL EP4 versions ?

This is a little bit of a hack.
When you install a newer version of Lounge Lizard (which should be compatible) then the old version is overwritten.
Maybe you can physically copy the VST/AU files on your disk - I would avoid such hacks.

Let’s see what the support of AAS is replying.
I doublecheck with Ableton Live if the same issue exists.
That would make it easier to push them :wink:

Update: I Think the problem is with the “3”

I did not understand why I can extend the gig from pianopaul and it is working with my LL EP4 version.

I did a few more tests and checks and all of a sudden discovered that pianopaul is using VST and I’m using VST 3.

It looks like the VST version is working but not the VST3 version.

@pianopaul may be you can crosscheck and confirm

Will do, should I use your gig file?

@pianopaul pianopaul: this is your gig with my updates. Please use this to crosscheck — Thanks

LL(3) - VST vs VST3.gig (2.1 MB)

yes, still exists Sync Widget Drawbars to Kontakt B3 - #15 by tripleB
however @pianopaul was not able to reproduce this :thinking:

Loaded the gig and Widgets react both ways.
Did change nothing.

Replaced VST by VST3
Widgets react both ways when manually moving Widget or Plugin Parameter
But a Preset Change does not Move the Widget.

Replaced VST3 by AU
Widgets react both ways when manually moving Widget or Plugin Parameter
A Preset Change changes widget, but with the wrong value, seems the value sent from the plugin is a 10th of what it should be.

@pianopaul THANKS for the crosscheck!

Like I assumed:
In Ableton Live no issue…
Hamm, maybe the Devs can help us.