Sync Gig Performer with Guitar Pro?

Did you read the manual?
When I am using a new software I take the time to just read the manual completely.
Sure, not everything I would understand, but the main concept of the new software is easier to understand.

I admit I only read parts of the manual.

Well, very early in the documentation when you get to rackspaces and variations, the concept is introduced.

To be clear, as stated earlier, PC number are not assigned if you don’t assign them. We simply arrange for Gig Performer to respond automatically if you do not explicitly assign program changes so that you can get started quickly. This is the same concept as automatically including a MIDI In OMNI block so that incoming MIDI will work from any device when you first start. These particular decisions are designed specifically to make it easier for new or inexperienced users.

I would point out that if your Guitar Pro software behaved properly and did not send those extra PC 0 messages, those basic design decisions mean that Gig Performer would have been working perfectly for you from the beginning and you wouldn’t have needed to review the manual or ask for so much help at the beginning. That would have allowed you to get started and learn the more sophisticated features as you needed them.

1 Like

I agree. Gig Performer is very logical and Guitar Pro behaves really strange in some MIDI related areas. I am really looking forward to the answer of the Guitar Pro Support. Thank you very much one more time for all your great advice!

I wonder if there is a MIDI Filter Setting which could transform the Program Changes that are send by Guitar Pro into something usable.
Here you see a Screenshot of what is going on. This is just one empty measure, but it seems that Guitar Pro is sending the same Program Change over and over again.
And every Program Change is followed by either a Program Change 1 or 0 so that for example a Program Change 7 falls back automatically to 1 or 0. So a Filter is needed that excludes all the 0s and 1s and that accepts only one Program Change during a certain amount of time. Attached is also a text file with all the MIDI Data coming out of Guitar Pro for one empty measure.

MIDI.txt (13.6 KB)