I found some strange behavior with Halion 6.
I get reproducable heavy stuck notes issues (stuck notes every few seconds while two Hand Piano playing) when I create a rackspace that way:
- Create Halion instance with one of the large Pianos (“Loud and clear” for instance) on Midi Channel 1 and any Pad-sound on Channel 2.
- Create two Midi-Inputs for the same Controller (doesent matter if it´s omni or a dedicated one)
- On one of the Inputs map Midi Channel 1 to Midi Channel 2
- Connect both Midi-Inputs to Halion
Playing this layered Piano&Pad rackspace will have a lot of stuck Piano notes Ch1.
No stuck notes on Pad Ch2.
While trying to find the reason or solve that issue I found some strange reproducable behavior:
- As soon as I Bypass Midi Input mapped to CH2, the stuck notes on CH1 are gone
- As soon as I insert a Midi Monitor between Midi Input CH1 and Halion stuck notes are mostly gone (90% less)
- When I Change the Midi-Channels in Halion (Piano-CH2, Pad-CH1) stuck notes are gone
The described behavior was reproducable on two different setups (different audioInterface, midiinterface, Controller keybord, Sustain pedal and PC).
And it´s not a Halion only issue because the same sounds in multimode Setup work without stuck notes in Forte.
So I think my workaround will be to use seperate instances of Halion for all sounds but it would be interesting for me if you guys have similar issues or can or can not reproduce that.