Sonic Projects released OP-X PRO-3

Sonic Projects released
OP-X PRO-3

I received an email with the following:

Semi-modular dream synth fulfilling virtually ALL requests and wishes from YOU collected during the recent years!

It offers:

• A newly organized logically structured interface with NO hidden features anymore
  • A new hybrid patch browser both emulating the former banks as well as offering new features
  • The new features include a search function, favourites and category tagging
  • The whole included patches library (3’000 sounds in 5’333 files) is pre-tagged which was loads of work!
  • Directly upward compatible to OP-X PRO-II presets, import function for own custom banks
  • Even partly downward compatible for the common features
  • 2 alterative low-cpu versions (ECO and LC) plus a max-cpu clone (OP-MTX) for parallel installation
  • Improved audio quality (max CPU version)
  • 5 envelopes (!) - 4 polyphonic/per-voice, 1 global/mono
  • 4 LFOs (!) - 3 global, 1 per-voice (so x12)
  • 10 filter types (!) - 7 lopass (4 new) plus hipass, bandpass, notch
  • Modulation effects (Chorus, Double-Chorus, Flanger, Chorus-Flanger, Phaser, Ensemble)
  • Modulation effects adopted from Stringer and so include the iconic Solina and Omni ensemble effect!
  • A Modulation Matrix with 5 slots offering incredible modulation possibilities!
  • E.g. even the voice-trimpots can be used as modulation source!
  • The slots also can modulate each other (Mx1 - Mx5 Amt)!
  • Switchable note priority (last, lowest, highest) in unison mode
  • Voice-boards view and re-settable voices (manual, on song start)
  • Pitchbend up/down and modwheel modes separatly settable
  • Pitchwheel and modwheel fully detachable in the Matrix for free mapping in the Matrix
  • Chord hold now also can be fixed using the pedal
  • Pedal hold for the arpeggiator switchable off (active by default)
  • One single CC now can be mapped to multiple controls
  • Smoothed aftertouch input for stepping free performance also with low resolution keybeds
  • Includes the whole OP-X PRO-II library including all reload banks
  • Countless new sounds showing off the new features
  • Many new famous 80s sounds!

…and much more! The list is endless!

For the full list of new features and changes select the “featurelist” item in the top-menu of the product site.

As an OP-X PRO-II licensee you can get the new monster synth for a small crossgrade fee!
The awesome new sounds included (about 300) alone are worth more!

www.sonicprojects.ch

1 Like

Are the “settings lost” issues completely fixed with the new version, anyone already tested? Thx

I have upgraded to OP-X PRO-3, but on Mac the Vst3 Version failed in the GigPerformer PluginManager, the AU-Version works, but I don’t use AU because of to many issues with AU.

I avoid the “settings lost” issues by using Blue Cat’s PatchWork for OP-X PRO 2.

1 Like

What Mac OS?

Sonoma 14.1.2.

Perhaps it is a licensing issue, I have licensed the AU-Version, now I rescan all failed plugins in GigPerformer. And that takes time…

I have heard that there are a lot of issues with plugins on Sonoma and many plugin developers have warned users not to upgrade to Sonoma yet.

Anyone else (not running Sonoma) able to validate this plugin?

After rescan the Vst3 version works!

I work on the basis of this video

I will report back if there are any problems.

4 Likes

I have now tested OP-X Pro -3 for nearly two weeks in three rackspaces and was satisfied. The settings were not lost, the sound is great. However, I noticed the very high output level. With quite a few sounds, even at 0 DB it can sometimes crackle.

3 Likes

I installed the OP-MTX version together with OP-X Pro III Eco. Indeed the states are compatible with the OP-X Pro II version. I could successfully load an older GP User Preset stored with OP-X Pro II.

However, if you replace an OP-X Pro II instances by the new OP-X Pro III and you had widgets mapped to parameters of the plugin, you will have to remap them as it changed in the new version of the plugin.

2 Likes