[SOLVED]Variation not working ? With Arturia V Collection 7

Hello,
I’m trying to have different arp on the same presets, and to switch between them with different variations.
Am I not understanding well the concept of variation ? :slight_smile:
I’m using the ARP2600 (plugin of arturia in Analog Lab, and changing the arp on the fake ARP2600).
Thanks in advance

You know widgets.
With widgets you can control parameters of your for example Arturia plugins.
With variations you store the different values of your widgets.

This way you can include a widget for each blue or white slider and save the different choosen values in different variations.
When you switch the variations the different values are restored and so is the arpeggiator.

You got it?

1 Like

Hey man, thanks for your very rapid and precise help.
I forgot that I had to “assemble” the variation !
I thought I had to just change what I wanted on the preset, if it was the same, but it’s a bit tougher than that.
With your help above it should be ok !
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

If you want to save different presets, you can simply duplicate a rackspace, and change the preset in the second rackspace, then in each rackspace the different presets are saved and thus recovered properly when accessing the rackspaces again.

You could also be interested in a similar discussion here:

Thanks David-san, yes, that is the option I know and that is the easiest.
But from a RAM point of view, maybe it’s better to use variation ? Or maybe that for this instrument it’s ok ?
What do you think ?

For me another preset is another rackspace. Do both on two test gig files and compare if you want to have your own opinion…

May I suggest you to have a look on this too:
https://gigperformer.com/rackspaces-vs-program-changes/

Did you run out of RAM?

No :slightly_smiling_face: and for this composition I think I’ll stick with one preset and make the arp evolve a lot.

The point I wanted to make is that if you’re not running out of RAM, then why are you concerned about using more of it?

1 Like

Yes that’s a strong point :wink: