Setlist for touchscreen

Hello guys.
In last few months, started one of my biggest project - a custom workstation keyboard, made from scratch. Configuration is ready, still waiting for a few hardware controllers to arrive, and finishing the casing design.
Gig Performer will be the center of the “workstation” department. The question is:
Is there any possibility that Gig will have integrated setlist similar to hardware keyboards? Is it complicated to develop it/integrate into existing interface of gig? For now, looking for a workaround solution. I am using 14” touch screen and it would be awesome being able to choose patches on the fly directly on the screen. Here is example how its done on Yamaha Montage M.

Are you aware of the Set List View built into Gig Performer?

Yes, I am aware. Still, its not a big difference compared to patch list itself, everything is on the left side one under another, small tiny and too easy to make a mistake while choosing it.

And this: Advanced Song Chooser extension

As very kindly mentioned by @jeffn1, my (paid for) Advanced Song Chooser extension will give you a full screen set-list view. It is soon to have an optional grid style layout. You can see some of its upcoming capabilities in this video:

1 Like

Wow, thank you people for suggestions.
Dave the grid view looks definitely as something I am used to, being a Montage user for 7 years.

Couldnt see the video in detail, not home at the moment, but I noticed slider on the right side to move list up/down. That is the only difference between how setlist works on Montage/Kronos, they do have “pages” for switching the 16 page setlist forward and back. Not sure how the slider translates precision wise on the stage, but this is definitely a possible solution for what I need, will check it out more in detail when I get home.

2 Likes

Yes, the scroll-bar on the side is the only real difference to how the Montage/Kronos/Fantom set list and patch selection works. The operation is smooth. It can also be mapped to a hardware knob or slider on a MIDI controller and so can be scrolled by physically moving/turning that knob or slider. I was using a Kronos before Gig Performer myself, so I know that this layout makes a very familiar environment.

1 Like