Rig Manager Questions

I’m “re-doing” my Gig files and rack spaces from scratch and have decided it is probably a good idea to use the Rig Manager. I read one tutorial/blog here on it, but I’m a bit confused I think.

I create a couple MIDI device aliases and a couple of control aliases. I do NOT associate them with any actual hardware devices. The control ones work as I would expect … they are available to map to widgets in my panels.

The input ones however, do not show up in the list of MIDI input devices in the wiring view? If I go associate them with hardware in the Rig Manager screen, then they do. However, what if I want to set up all this stuff “offline” with no keyboards connected? How do I do that?

I’m new the the Rig Manager, so perhaps I am not understanding something or am just missing a step. TIA for assistance!

KenM

You can use virtual midi devices.

That’s what I thought the Rig Manager did/was? Where/how to i create a virtual MIDI device?

Are you on Mac?

Windows PC

Ok, on windows there are solutions to create virtual midi ports you can use as device in rig manager

Maybe that helps
https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software.html

1 Like

OK - sounds like something I do outside of GP? I’d rather stay in GP if I can.

I was hoping I could just set up aliases called “Keyboard 1” and “Keyboard 2” without having actual keyboards connected, and then use them in the wiring view. Later when I did have keys hooked up, I could assign them to the Keyboard 1 or 2 alias and everything would be happy. I guess it doesn’t work that way?

Midi devices are always outside Gig Performer

I downloaded loopMIDI and very easily was able to set it up. THX!

1 Like