Recall initial widget value on variations recall?

Is there a way to recall the stored widget value everytime I recall the variation?

I will try to explain simply for an exemple:
In a rackspace I have 2 variations for one widget (pot) wich modify actions on multiple plugins.
It’s for improvised music, I don’t know how many times I need to move between these 2 variations, sometimes it’s 20 sometimes it’s 30 times, etc…

I begin to play the first variation, the pot is stored at 0 and I open it to 5.
Then I switch to the second variation my pot is fully open at 10 and I reduce it to 7.

Then I need to come back to my initial first variation value (widget at 0),
then go to variation 2 with the pot at 10.

For the moment when I recall a variation I previously played it goes back to the last state, not to the one I saved.
To reset the value I need to switch to an other rackspace and come back to the rackspace I want to play.

here are my widget setup.

Unfortunately not.

Ok, thank you for your answer. :grinning:
I will find an other way.

1 Like

Are you using the songs feature? The song parts (which you link to a variation) will reset back their original value when you switch back and forth.

1 Like

Yes, please use the Setlist view and create songs/song parts. Every song part is linked to a variation and every time you click on a song part, the varition is recalled unchanged.

If you happen to like you changes, you can Capture them, without affecting the underlying variation.

Thank You.
For now I don’t use the setlist view because I didn’t found a way to remove song parts horizontal menu and previous/next song menu from the screen in setlist view. These informations takes too much space on the screen (I don’t need these info during the show)
I have many panels in my rackspaces and I need to see my panels without scrolling.
Is there a way to remove this?

Unfortunately not.

Or hopefully not yet… as for an « Also reset on Variation Activation » option… :wink: :innocent:

You can scroll panels using a knob on your MIDI device. See this post and read the blog from the opening post.

Just curious, why do you need to see everything while you’re performing?

Of course I won’t answer for @Aladin, but I personally don’t need to look at my screen all the time when playing, but when needed, I prefer not having to manually scroll my rackspaces as I usually have only time for a quick look on my panels and eventually for a touchscreen action. I know you rather use an additional iPad for this kind of thing, but I prefer using my cheap 14’’ touchscreen as I love the user experience of my GP panels. And it is also true that for the moment I don’t use the Setlist mode because of the small size of my touchscreen which cannot display properly my local panels, global panels (sometimes) and the additional Setlist upper part.

Yeah!
I need to see my panels without scrolling because I use 1 big hardware Midi controller for all my setup.
So all my rack panels have the same design/interface, but widgets controls different parameters/plugins depending what rackspace I use.

And you need all widgets in every rackspace?

Yes. :slightly_smiling_face:
I use GP mainly as a multi FX rack. For my workflow I need to have the same interface between rackspaces because it’s designed to replicate my midi controller…

Ok, each knob, fader of your controller is mapped to a widget, but do you need each knob, fader of your controller in each rackspace?

yes, I just hide the ones I don’t need when they are not used.

So you could just optimize space needed?
This way you could see all widgets.

no, it’s not a solution for what I do . I really need to have exactly the same interface on every rackspace, exactly the same panel layout between all songs, etc… It reproduce my hardware controler. If I move something I will not find what knob it is on my controller (faderfox PC12 with 64 pots… + 12 push buttons)

Can you post a screenshot?

But why would you be moving something manually on a panel during a performance, when you have the controller to make those changes?

By the way, take a look at this gig file.
You can move the widget in the 1st variation and 2nd variation of the 1st rackspace and when
you select the 2nd rackspace and select again the 1st rackspace the initial values are recalled.

VarReset.gig (44.9 KB)